loss of power in 3rd gear?

Smc92

Ex. Club Member
Im just looking for a bit of advice on this really, when im in 2nd gear it feels quite powerful and pulls really well, then i get into 3rd and it goes alright then at around 4k RPM it feels like its lagging a bit, then picks up again, im not sure if that makes sense but what could this be, it doesnt fuss me atm i just dont want it to lead into something worse, like if its a sign of something about to go like the gearbox ill get it sorted soon so im not getting stranded anywhere

Thanks guys, Scott :)

Im just looking for a bit of advice on this really, when im in 2nd gear it feels quite powerful and pulls really well, then i get into 3rd and it goes alright then at around 4k RPM it feels like its lagging a bit, then picks up again, im not sure if that makes sense but what could this be, it doesnt fuss me atm i just dont want it to lead into something worse, like if its a sign of something about to go like the gearbox ill get it sorted soon so im not getting stranded anywhere

Thanks guys, Scott :)

i just bought a cone air filter
:p

i put a new filter on a few months ago so i dont think its that, i swapped my throttle body over last year, and i have put new leads on, its not a massive loss, it just feels like it lags a bit then it picks up again, its hard to describe really, you can just feel it

Stuck my cone air filter on today, but whilst i was taking off the old air box i think i may have found the issue, the rocker breather hose filter that goes into the airbox was clogged up really badly, so put a little filter on that and stuck my new filter on and put the vacuum hose into it and i have not noticed any lag as of yet, i aint driven it much since its been on but i havnt noticed it so maybe thats solved it, but only time will tell

Nope its still there and i realised the correct term for what my car is doing, its misfiring thats what i was trying to describe, so ill start with new spark plugs then leads then dizzy and just go through possible faults that are listed in haynes manual until its solved

Before buying a load of stuff, as a check, unplug the lambda sensor and see if the problem goes away. This can be another cause of stuttering, hesitation and misfiring on the K11 since it normally runs in closed loop the entire time. May not be the issue but it's a quick check and wont cost you anything but a few minutes of test driving :)

Back