lack of power in 3rd

Hi first post here
we have a 1ltr k11 rally car which at the moment has a lack of power in 3rd, symptoms with the car on a slight hill in 2nd just about to hit the limiter change up to third and the acceleration drops off so much that it requires a change down to 2nd again to keep going the car would be doing around 60mph at this point. i have looked aroung the site and have been told about the speed sensor in the speedo but most of the posts talk about 4th & 5th gear i would like to find out if it could be affecting our cars performance
thanks in advance
andy

It can affect 3rd gear too andy, its basically locking into closed loop with the speed sensor connected

It can affect 3rd gear too andy, its basically locking into closed loop with the speed sensor connected
thanks for the speedy reply, so its just a case of remove the two screws on the back of the speedo move the circuit board out of the way refit the screws and see what happens
Thanks again

on my turbo setup i used to just block the connector pin terminal at the back of the dash for the speed sensor wire with a small bit of paper :p
currently have a switch on that wire cos I reconnect the wire to regain low idle rev control (ie. engine able to maintain idle when in gear and moving) whenever i'm stuck in slow traffic.

Back