Newbie. Help on Mods. Turbo? Lowering?Alloys

What kind of power would you expect to get out of a 1.0l turbo, compared to a 1.3/4 engine swap +turbo?

Last edited:
What kind of power would you expect to get out of a 1.0l turbo, compared to a 1.3/4 engine swap +turbo?
depends on the boost level stuart :) this high comp/1.3 cammed CG10 is about 125hp @ 10psi
my CGA3 had the same @ about 6psi, but that had far more grunt tho
this would make an awesome lightweight/stripped tracktool, it goes like the clappers when you rag it :)

Good to know, thanks Frank :)

After seeing Franks kingy, are you planning on turboing the 1.0l or swapping to a larger engine?

Good to know, thanks Frank :)

After seeing Franks kingy, are you planning on turboing the 1.0l or swapping to a larger engine?

From everything I've read the 1.0 turbo in franks loves to rev and the power comes at higher RPM than the 1.3...makes the 1.0 more fun for say track days but not necessarily as fast as the 1.3 :)

Then I've never turbo'd one so could be talking cr*p

She's low now haha

Attachments

• 1393093575150.jpg
    1393093575150.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 266
From everything I've read the 1.0 turbo in franks loves to rev and the power comes at higher RPM than the 1.3...makes the 1.0 more fun for say track days but not necessarily as fast as the 1.3 :)

Then I've never turbo'd one so could be talking cr*p

I wrote about the moment when I briefly drove franks beast round the block last year during JAE.

http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-95#post-632900

although the engine was cold and dearnt push it, the thing that really surprised me with a big grin was the ultra responsive flywheel.
a scary car to drive for the first time unfamiliar with the driving feel but a happy satisfying type of scary :D

OK lads will invest in one next week, just trying to get parts ready for the turbo build as it now handles like a go cart instead of a boat lol, just need some more horses

Back