Newbie. Help on Mods. Turbo? Lowering?Alloys

hi all
New to this forum.
on my second micra k11 now 1st one was just a bog standard runabout what did its job.
yesterday i went and fetched a 2004 plate micra 1.0 91k k11
lovley car and seriously need to get round to doing something with it . and the man room in the flat now has room for a bench worktop lol.

first of all is anyone local to wolverhampton who can help me with a few things, (knowledge)
first of all want to lower it becuase its like a boat round corners lol
some nice alloys
and maybe if i can get round to it a turbo. have read a few files on here and i reacon i can give it a go.

but first of all
i need the car on its arse, i have read a few things on here and seen pics and people saying there like go carts lol
i have seen springs for 100£ but 30mm dont seem like its going to do much, i may be wrong

so yes the cheap way is going round in my mind at moment,
maybe chopping the springs is dangerous but will do the job i suppose? or corsa springs? could someone give me some more light on ither springs to use ect? or if anyone has some for sale.

anyway going to stop going on at moment as id rather listen what you guys can teach me

really appreciate this

Kingy

hi kingy, i have some matiz front suspension legs for sale (removed from my red k11) they are about -75mm

Search function will throw up research about the cut springs being safe IF DONE correctly.

35MM drop takes the car to what it should have been standard tbh

but that 2004 and K11 has thrown me off a bit haha

Right lads I've just looked on log book and it's registered in August 2004 so I'm not quite sure lol, anyone else got a late registered one?

Just popped the reg into my car check, bare in mind it's got private plate. Will upload some pics later of car

Attachments

• 1392985727095.jpg
    1392985727095.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 329
Well, that's sat in storage for atleast 4 years before being registered as it should be a 2000 model as that's a 1st facelift same as mine haha

Madness haha

2nd facelift, K11C eh. A is 'preface' with square grill and B is 'preface' with rounded grill.

I realised this after naming my thread 'K11c', even though I have a first facelift not a second :confused:

Edit: Just read this and it sounded wrong. The K11c is the post 1998 model, so ignore me.

OK now we have established my car lol can I have advice on wheels or if anyone got some for sale, and turbo project. I've messaged James about his springs he has for sale

lol they only done my and kingys for 1 year in 2000 iirc

Anyway a quick use of the search bar will show you all you need to know about turbo projects but be prepared for a lot of work and money as nothing is bolt on for micras haha

Alloys largest most people go is 15's any bigger looks silly tbh

PDC IS 4X100 and the CB is 60.1mm

buy a 1.3 and plop that in would be your fastest performance upgrade :p haha although frank is quite fond on his turbo'd 1.0l

Good service fresh filters oil ect is the best place to start, then after than get a GA16 airbox and a more free flowing exhaust and manifold :)

I think he's referring to the grille style. Both the K11A and B are pre-facelifts, but the grille insert on the B has that leaf design.

K11A:

Nissan_Micra_%28K11%29_front.jpg

K11B:

37C02DA7-9797-4FCD-A12E-0A31C96D5BA3-846-000000A5259FC844_zpsd26d92c4.jpg

Or am I totally wrong here and the K11B is the first facelift (1998 to 2001)?
There wasn't a K11A or B
There was an E and a C

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Back