Hi everyone,

First I'd like to say this seems a great forum, full of helpful people and info!

I've sort of accidently bought a 1999 K11 1.0 litre Inspire, which the other 1/2's son bought to learn to drive in and left parked under a tree for 11 months and wanted to get rid of! Had a bit of rust at the rear of the off side sill, and has already had the front x-member replaced. Niggly misfire was cured by re-soldering the joints in the throttle body, and replacing the main ignition relay! 152,000 on the clock but does still drive ok. Just done oil and filter and air filter change not knowing when it was last serviced - there was no service history what so ever and the motor now sounds sweet! All the dash bulbs bar 1 had blown too. Just MOT'd and waiting til 1 Oct for the new road tax rules to kick in and pay-monthly is going to come in (just taxed the other car too so the Micra has to wait 3 weeks!). She's now ready to go, go, go!!

Mainly I intend using it for a run around as round town the other car never heats up, does 12mpg round town from a cold start, and on short runs never replenishes the battery charge compared with drain doing a short run and a couple of stops on the way. Hopefully the Micra will become trusted friend for the shopping run, and more I'm sure!!

Having been spoiled with creature comforts there is something very refreshing to drive the Micra (two/from MOT so far). Really back to what driving was, and I remember from 30-years ago when I drove a Datsun 100a, Triumph Dolomite/T2000, Mazda 818, and so many other cars too. Windows you wind, a radio, three pedals (used to just 2!), no remote locking (I can see the passenger door being left unlocked a lot!), windy sun roof, HID lights, auto wipers, no trip computer, A/C, etc.

I had looked at buying one about 10-years ago for my (now very) ex. and test drove a few, but never bought one as she was never sober enough to drive, but remembered what great cars and thought when this one came up - Why not!?!

Even with no NCB (all on the other car) it's £200 to insure fully comp (covers windscreen and 3rd party was only a few £'s difference) so something to be said for being an old git! It's the one insurance that wil go down next year when I start to build up NCB!! :D

Looking forward to getting on the road properly soon!!

Sorry for the long post, but I'm sure I'll be reading more posts than writing them but thought I'd say hi!!

Couple of pix attached.

Regards
Nige (AKA Machinehead), Christine, and the M.

Attachments

• car1.jpg
    car1.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 219
  • interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 227
Back