Newbee...have suspension troubles!

Hi lads,

Need some advice, have a rattle front left (potholes and erratic cornering!) but will need new shocks and springs all round. My K11 is standard, but I could do with upping my street cred! I don't want to spend a fortune, and don't want it so low the belly is scraping the floor, so any recomendations for a reasonable price?

Cheers!

Get 2 sets of Suzuki alto rear springs 98 - 02 (£70) and a set of corsa b rear shocks (£30 - £40) and a set of matiz front struts 98 - 05 (40 - 50) means you'll be about 50mm lower and you'll still have plenty of clearance. :)

Get 2 sets of Suzuki alto rear springs 98 - 02 (£70) and a set of corsa b rear shocks (£30 - £40) and a set of matiz front struts 98 - 05 (40 - 50) means you'll be about 50mm lower and you'll still have plenty of clearance. :)

After putting this suspension setup, what would the ride height look like, any pix as a reference to get some idea etc?

J

Hi lads,

Need some advice, have a rattle front left (potholes and erratic cornering!) but will need new shocks and springs all round. My K11 is standard, but I could do with upping my street cred! I don't want to spend a fortune, and don't want it so low the belly is scraping the floor, so any recomendations for a reasonable price?

Cheers!
A set of new OE quality shocks and a set of 35mm springs will suit you fine.

The springs will give a slightly firmer ride whilst keeping the comfort :)

Hi lads,

Cheers!
A set of new OE quality shocks and a set of 35mm springs will suit you fine.

The springs will give a slightly firmer ride whilst keeping the comfort :)
Like Skymera said, OE Qual shocks and 35mm lowring kit.. like the TEIN kits

Lowering springs and new standard shocks will get rid of that strangely high stock look and you won't have to mod anything else...if you start going lower, money will start to fall out of your pocket and vanish....it's a slippery slope.....

It sounds like what I had, which was worn Track Rod Ends, so new shocks and springs will not change the rattles and twitchy steering.
Just a thought....
I expect they will need changing as well, but as nothing has been replaced since new it seems, I will definitely change them too! Thanks

Cheers guys. It is my daily, so I will only do enough to sort it out, and don't want to go too far I'm skint and have to walk everywhere! I have seen a full set of Gmax Supersport lowering springs and shocks which I think we're fairly reasonable. Has anyone used them?

Cheers guys. It is my daily, so I will only do enough to sort it out, and don't want to go too far I'm skint and have to walk everywhere! I have seen a full set of Gmax Supersport lowering springs and shocks which I think we're fairly reasonable. Has anyone used them?

How much do they lower you by? X

GMAX supersport suspension kit is cost about £450ish. :eek:

I think you should get decent blistein shocks from euro car parts. They are on sale prices ATM so the sale will be end soon. It's better to get them soon. Oh yea, you get any lowering springs separate everywhere. Maybe apex 35mm lowering springs will be good with these blistein shocks.

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pa...=nissanmicra;manufacturer=apex;sub_category=1

http://www.eurocarparts.com/mobile/...da878d6ea01070141724e61373596a65722936&000925

http://www.eurocarparts.com/mobile/...961a0fb8ef22f5966bfa86ca7198bb79e7fd42&000925

Notice: these shocks are non stock item so if u want to order them then it will take a time to come to your local euro car parts.

It's up to you. :) anyway I need to get these shocks ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't see Karl comment so it's better to find any problems first. Then you can buy lowering springs and shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My main aim isn't to slam it to the deck. Like i've said it is my daily, and I would never get up the driveway at work if its slammed. I've yet to have it up on ramps, but I've had a quick look and can't see anything major, but that doesn't mean there isn't something more wrong, but I will cross that bridge when I get there. I just wanted to see what you guys have done to see where I can look, so thanks for the advice!

I suggest you the kayaba strut, they cost like the oem ones (200euros here) but do a better job.
And for lowering, just buy a set of spring like these
Your car will be slighty lower and will have a better handling (stock spring sucks), and with only -30mm you will not have any issue.

Back