New scrappage scheme

I've seen in a few of the classic car mags that another scrappage scheme is rumoured.

I hope that won't mean that loads of our little K11's get unnecessarily scrapped in order to buy cheap modern junk :(

I know the K11's aren't the most fashionable cars.
However, how many times do I pass a modern day car broken down the roadside. There is just too much electrics & ECU control in modern cars.
I have the bare minimal on my K11. No PAS, no power windows, manual sunroof, no central locking, though it;s all less to go wrong!

However, how many times do I pass a modern day car broken down the roadside. There is just too much electrics & ECU control in modern cars.
I have the bare minimal on my K11. No PAS, no power windows, manual sunroof, no central locking, though it;s all less to go wrong!
A man after my own heart, I don't want any of it either.
If I want to open a window - I'll wind it down.
If I want to unlock a door - I'll lean over and do it.
Ad so on, and so on.

I hate manual windows, my K11 gave me that hatred, the winders always used to fall off no matter what I done to them,
Saying that my Astra has no abs, that's a lovely thing, it's virtually a bigger Micra, it has no extras on it that a Micra would not, still nice and simple.

I too like basic cars, less to go wrong. My mate used to have top of the line Vauxhall Omega & when it got old all the "toys" just became one big pain in the a*se.

I've seen a lot of the brand initiative scrappage stuff but there has also been mention again of a possible government led scheme. I suppose it might be done to stimulate the economy (although they'll say it's for environmental reasons like they did last time :mad: ).

I too like basic cars, less to go wrong. My mate used to have top of the line Vauxhall Omega & when it got old all the "toys" just became one big pain in the a*se.

I've seen a lot of the brand initiative scrappage stuff but there has also been mention again of a possible government led scheme. I suppose it might be done to stimulate the economy (although they'll say it's for environmental reasons like they did last time :mad: ).
Yes buddy - you certainly cannot trust governments to tell the truth....and you find it out 30 years later.

I've seen a lot of the brand initiative scrappage stuff but there has also been mention again of a possible government led scheme. I suppose it might be done to stimulate the economy (although they'll say it's for environmen

(KISS) factor is the joy of the simple K11. Everything keeps on working as it should with the less attention, messing about with it, the better. I just put petrol in the back and myself in the front seat and just drive the thing, that’s what it was built for. Long may it continue, stuff the scrappage scheme new vehicles conspicuous consumption, its for the birds.

Kiss factor is the joy of the simple K11. Everything keeps on working as it should with the less attention, messing about with it, the better. I just put petrol in the back and myself in the front seat and just drive the thing, that’s what it was built for. Long may it continue, stuff the scrappage scheme new vehicles conspicuous consumption, it’s for the birds.

Last edited:
Yup, I think there are a few of the oldies which more than match today's hypothetical MPGs
My micra is a match for any new motor, and so is the wagonr I bought recently.

Kiss factor is the joy of the simple K11. Everything keeps on working as it should with the less attention, messing about with it, the better. I just put petrol in the back and myself in the front seat and just drive the thing, that’s what it was built for. Long may it continue, stuff the scrappage scheme new vehicles conspicuous consumption, it’s for the birds.

Absolutely spot on :)

ya dont wanna be buying a new vauxhall, it will set on fire :eek:

Vauxhall pre-planned obsolescence self-immolation Darwinian natural selection of its tin boxes on wheels, combined with a £2000 scrappage deal for a burned-out hulk, seems like a compelling and irresistible deal? Go for it. :rolleyes:

Vauxhall pre-planned obsolescence self-immolation Darwinian natural selection of its tin boxes on wheels, combined with a £2000 scrappage deal for a burned-out hulk, seems like a compelling and irresistible deal? Go for it. :rolleyes:

like many others, i like cars ya can fix with ya hands, not computers :D like getting me hands dirty, now and again :D will keep me 05 vauxhall for now, she serving me well, just like my old micra did, god rest her soul.

Back