Farepak voucher scheme!!!

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
http://www.farepak.co.uk

Hi all!

Some of you may of seen in the news that Farepak one of the if not largest companies of it's kind has gone into liquidation!!! grr

Its a company set up to cater for all your christmas needs, they do vouchers, hampers and can cater for the whole christmas setup. The company was founded in 1981 and has been very succesfull in creating this well known voucher scheme. Every year for about the past 3 years at Sam's work, both Sam, myself and many other staff members have contributed towards the monthly voucher scheme.

Sam and myself have just lost £1,000 for this year. We usually use the vouchers to buy christmas presents and gifts for ourselves through the january sales and buy bits for the house.. :down:

There is very little chance if any of seeing any return on our £1,000, we may see some of the money back in months to come when the business is all broken down and assets shared out, but it won't be much if any at all.

The company apparently used the finances to invest in shares and it's lost out very heavily. The thing that really gets me is that they knew about this in July and could have pulled the plug straight away. We where due to get our vouchers this week!!! They have delayed and delayed it with the intention to get in as much money as possible, just 2 months more and they could have pushed the company through into 2007 and then gone into liquidation!

The figures have been estimated at the following:

34,000 agents
124,000+ customers
putting in average of £400 each, some even upto £2000 each

Total amount estimated to be a least £68,000,000 and could even reach £90,000,000 whichis going to be stripped from the economy at Christmas time, can you imagine the impact this will have on business!

It's not really sunk in yet, we only found out yesterday literally 2 days before our vouchers where to be issued!

Kev :(

is it not fairpark? mate that sucks, no way of a sorta cort thing you and others could sort out and mebe reclaim some of your cash?

When a company goes into liquidation there is nothing you can do, creditors are called in and the assets split. Depending on how the company was funded the board of directors could have secured houses and all sorts.

No court action can be taken by us the customers because as from the 13th of October the company is basically Bankrupt and no claim can be made against it!

Kev

The annoying things is "what is some?"

100%, 50%, 10%??

I know it depends on companies finances.....assets....whatever money there is left, and also what there is that belongs to the company which can be sold at auction...for next to nothing!!!

It's really annoying when companies can do this to people!!

I've got better news then that Arnold! hehehehehe!

Our agent paid in the money on a direct debit and we shall be getting every single penny back! The bank will honour the payments and refund the money!!!

:D:D:D:D

That'll make this christmas sooo much better!!!

Kev

On a plus note Myleene is selling that bikini that she wore in the jungle and its going to this cause I think. Hope something works out for you anyway Kev. :)

On a plus note Myleene is selling that bikini that she wore in the jungle and its going to this cause I think. Hope something works out for you anyway Kev. :)

My brother is the highest bidder.. according to the text he sent me earlier

and nice one Kev, thats great news!

Back