The new forum design etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Ben

Ok now before anyone begins crying this is not meant to be a dig at anyone just input thats all. I was at my friends the other day who has been on msc before the forum design changed i.e. the weird msc logo at the top with the sun etc...

he had never seen this forum design and i simply came on MSC to have a browse on his computer and he said what the hell has happened, he said it looked like a kid had designed the logo and to be honest i quite agree with him. The colur scheme isnt particularly brilliant either althouth the jap flag/sun thing does look quite cool but i mean the M, S and C look like a kid designed them.

This most certainly is not intended as any sort of dig at the person who designed it or the MSC in general as for the main part the changes that MSC have made lately have been for the better (excluding the silly buy and sell) but i have to say the forum setup is a bit naff, i know there are a few skins but the old style one should be the default.

ben

There are 2 MAJOR things to look at in graphic design work, which is my line of work.

1 how asphetically pleasing it is to the eye.
2 How simple it is to understand.

This is pretty much the same for websites.

In my opinion this website is very easy to understand and navigate. I have been to some websites (ie my companies one Http://www.hallsgreenhouse.com) and they are rubbish to navigate. BTW that website is nothing to do with me!!!!

The colours can affect the way the website is navigated. I have no problem in the way this website is set up. But that's me, I prefer simplicity!!!

Attachments

• poll.JPG
    poll.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 212
To be honest i also don't really like the MSC in the logo either as it does look a bit childish. Apart from that though i think its ok. :glance:

i cannot belive a 1cm x 2cm area of the forum has its own thread and people are moaning about it....ffs

This really shouldnt be up for discussion. A poll was carried out, as shown above, so its not going to be scrapped, replaced or modified in any way.

Requests for changes should have been made at the time of the poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back