Buying new car - Micra got to go

Hi all, been a member for a while now, but not posted much!

Have owned a K11 NOV 95 1.0L micra since 2001, and has been a good car, averaging between 45 and 62 mpg, not bad from a petrol...

We are buying a new car, and the garage have offered £175 for the car, but i've been told its going to be scrapped! :( This seems like a waste to me, but i'm not going to be able to tax the micra, insure it, MOT it then try and sell it privately (Tax expires on 31st, mot on 5th august and insurance on 27th) and we pick up the new car on 26th, which fits in very nicely with all the ddates etc...

The thing that annoys me is that we have just put in a new clutch/cable etc... also just had new fuel pump, and two tyres on rear (front v good too) so it seems silly to scrap, but as said dates dont work out for us.

In short, i am trying to see if there is any interest in anyone from here, either, having the car from us for £175 to get those parts out and sell on (fuel pump was £130, tyres £30 etc...) or if anyone wants anything that is easy to get out of the car when we hand it over (sun visors with mirrors etc...?).

It would be nice to see someone buy it for cheap, Mot it (front crossmember only known fault - easy to weld and a common problem) and then slowly restore it (it is still in good condition, shinier than a lot of newer cars - escpecially good considering its red!).

Hope theres some love for this!

Pics available if required, just ask for any more information/pics etc...

Ok, car must be collected on Sun 26th from Swindon. (I'm not from Swindon, so it must be somewhere easy to find!!)

Pictures, dont have that many, but these should give an idea:

micra6.jpg

micra5.jpg

micra4.jpg

micra3.jpg

micra2.jpg

micra1.jpg

Thanks

As said, the garage have offered £175, so really something like £200. I appreciate that i could probably get more for it, but it will be difficult, as my insurance will run out on the 27th, tax on the 30th, so i would then have to spend the extra £65 plus insurance, and leave it on the drive hoping someone will want it. So, i can accept that whilst i wont be making lots of money out of it, it will at least be going to a good home and not to the scrap yard.

if you were alot closer to scotland then we maybe would have but its just too far away.

Good luck with the sale and hope someone on here snaps it up :)

Well, we are picking up the new car on Sun, and tax etc run out a few days later. Dont live in Swindon, so have to drive there, and obviously leave it there, sort of swap one for the other, if that makes sense?!

why swindon? i would love to have it but i cant be there on that day

Back