Micra's

Hello

Has anyone else noticed how many K11's there are still about?

I was ambling back from Aldi yesterday (I have a rock & roll lifestyle !) And couldn't help Micra spotting as usual & noting there are still loads about. As it's 11 years since there were last built & 20+ years since their introduction it's surprising that there's loads still trundling about. Compare this with other cars of it's era (Ka, Corsa, Polo, Rover 100, Punto etc) & in particular after the governments "scrappage scheme" a few years back & it's incredible how many are still around.
If anything speaks volumes for how good they are this does!
I'm in Lancashire so I assume it's not just here that there's still a lot?

Bristol is riddled with them. But we like Nissans here. Loads of K10's, 11's, 12's, 13's, at least 10 Figaro's, a 2 s14's, at least one s13, just in a 20 mile radius of my flat...

I must admit a K10 is a rare bird around here (I saw one the other day but it was the first in ages), I always liked those but have never had one. I did a car maintenance course 12 years ago & a knackered K10 at the garage was our practice car !
In those days I drove a Renault 5 Auto, which put me off Renault's for life :eek:

Hey I lancs too :D and yeh I must see at least 5 a day even if not looking, only evet seen 2 k10s might have been same one twice lol.

I have to say all the things I found on my k11 that actually needed attention was done on the ka which was only registere at start of 2002 and had a lot less milage. Only thing was the weldong didn't need doing on the ka, I was lucky for that tho as ive seen newer kas than that with rust round filler cap and chipped badges as they cheaped out with a tin badge instead of the solid plastic and epoxy covered one mine had. I cut the front one out its grill and glued in one from a mk4 fiesta and it never chipped again.

Hate the little things that have changed like that, the sport ka has a plastic handbrake handle lol flexes side to side lol.
I prefer my older cars for reasons like that.
Soon theyll probly try 3d printing all the handles and stuff in one piece and theyll keel snapping or somat lol

Yes I think that's one of the things I tend to notice in younger cars is how cheap & flimsy they feel. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure in terms of crash protection etc they may be light years ahead of an old K11 (i'll take my chances though ;)) but generally they don't feel as solid.
The girlfriends mum & dad have a Mk1 Toyota Yaris & whilst a very good car it really does feel cheap & a bit naff (clangy doors & hatch, cheap feeling trim etc) compared to our older Micra. Even more surprising considering Muji is a lowly Equation & their Yaris is a top of the range model.

I see loads a day! Only one modded one by me so far (spotted today) Pendle and Burnley seems to be full of micras! All in good nick too, even scrap yards are full of then sadly

I have a lime green micra and there's 5 other lime green ones around my area (1 mile radius) and I know where two more lime green ones are! It's crazy, I thought lime green was rare.

Micra Power!

There are literally hundreds around Norfolk.... mainly because there are so many old people here.... many service history....so one owners....very immaculates....

Yes they do seem very popular with old people. I quite like the "blue rinse" image, always makes people's eye brows raise when even my (standard) 1.3 CVT zooms off, most folk probably think it can't go over 20mph ;)
The mention of scrapyards has whetted my appetite. I haven't been to one in years, they used to be everywhere once but sadly a lot became housing estates in the 1990's. I like scrambling around old cars it was always more fun taking your own bits off rather than buying at a counter somewhere or going on ebay.

Back