New Member =)

Hello all!, New memeber here. Just bought a 1.3 turbo super S micra k11:wasntme:. Nice little speed demon. Loving it =) Might need some help in the future =).

Thanks

Here are the pics of my new car :D

IMG00042-20090427-1359.jpg

IMG00032-20090420-1440.jpg

IMG00028-20090420-1351.jpg

Reason for the black dirt on the back, it had a blown turbo before, so that was caused by that =/.

It was on pistonheads, its my friends old car, i needed something as a first car, so i decieded to buy it off him. Fixed the turbo now though, But it still smokes a bit...but only when after boosting when slowing down =/

any ideas?? =S

cant help you with the problem but thats a nice looking k11 im liking the black grille and bad boy bonnet and the bad boy boot (if thats what you would call it :p)

I'm not bothered about the smoke atm, since it wasnt as bad as when it was blown, but still, sorta embarrasing when i slow down from boost, and smoke comes out of the exhaust >__<.

Yeah i like the body mods on it, looks like a mean little micra lol.(Y)

looks great :)

but clean it and then post some pics lol

i think you should sort the smoke out, cosmetic or not,

smoke can never mean good things.....

looks great :)

but clean it and then post some pics lol

i think you should sort the smoke out, cosmetic or not,

smoke can never mean good things.....
Yeah, my thought is maybe i need a proper exhaust, since its running on standared backbox, so i'm hoping in changing the exhaust soon, and see what happens there....if it doesnt change, then maybe a headgasket is gone or something....lets just hope not :doh:

nice to see the car has someone who will fix it up:)
the smoke does sound worrying tbh, stani, you had melted a piston when your car did this right? i would sort it now mate, its not going to get any better...
but congradulations on your first micra:D

Was looking around in the micra, when driving normally no smoke what so ever,only when i boost it...confusing, also just found out, i thought it was running on 2 psi, but when i boosted it, it went to 8-10psi...O_O..THAT worried me....but when i swear it was on 2psi, when i set the boost controller, it set it two...any idea why it would go to 8-10psi when driving??...

as most people said, get the smoke fixed as its never a good sign lol
But on a good note smart micra (Y)

Adam

if it's smoking on boost I'd say the only reason is the Turbo is a little shot.

What engine management is the car running and what BHP?

Has the turbo got an internal or external wastegate? I'd look at this for the boost pressure!

I'd also sort out your rear number plate before you get tugged, rear number plate should be lit.

if it's smoking on boost I'd say the only reason is the Turbo is a little shot.

What engine management is the car running and what BHP?

Has the turbo got an internal or external wastegate? I'd look at this for the boost pressure!

I'd also sort out your rear number plate before you get tugged, rear number plate should be lit.

The turbo is from a fiat coupe 20v. It was from someone who was breaking the car. At first i thought it was the turbo. I'm not sure about he management and bhp. I wa planning on getting that sorted when i get paid. Anyone know of a good place to go too for that? I was thinking of getting a proper turbo for the car tbh. Just want to know of a good place to take the car too....Any recommandations??

It has a normal dump valve, its over boosting in my eyes, really worrying tbh.

Yeah i'll get the number plate sorted asap lol

You are hitting 8-10psi because this is the base pressure of the actuator, your boost controller won't allow any lower pressure than the actuator base level. What colour is the smoke?

The turbo is from a fiat coupe 20v.

i heard the fiat coupes are terriable for the turbos breaking...i know a guy who brought one fixed the turbo ran it for a week and it broke agian lol. and hes a mechanic!

i think i small turbo running 0.5-1.0 bar boost would be good. and a 2"-"2.5 exhaust is essentinal for a turbo car ;)but iam not really in the know, when it comes to working on turbo cars.

no the less, it looks smart. but it wouldnt fill me with confidence with it smoking lol

You are hitting 8-10psi because this is the base pressure of the actuator, your boost controller won't allow any lower pressure than the actuator base level. What colour is the smoke?

That sounds about right i guess, the smoke is blue-ish white. I guess i'll just not boost it too much until i can get my hands on a proper turbo....but yeah, need to sort this problem out fast...since driving it knowing there is a turbo but cant boost is sad :doh:

i heard the fiat coupes are terriable for the turbos breaking...i know a guy who brought one fixed the turbo ran it for a week and it broke agian lol. and hes a mechanic!

i think i small turbo running 0.5-1.0 bar boost would be good. and a 2"-"2.5 exhaust is essentinal for a turbo car ;)but iam not really in the know, when it comes to working on turbo cars.

no the less, it looks smart. but it wouldnt fill me with confidence with it smoking lol

Yeah i did have some bad thoughts about the turbo. I might look into buying a nice T2 turbo for my micra. Just dont boost it at the moment, before it blows my engine or something lol. It has a straight through exhaust system, just a normal backbox lol. Hopeing in getting a proper one soon. I only want it to run at like 3-5 psi max tbh. Dont really want something soo major lol.

hey have'nt seen the car in a while, you one of Chris's mates? you go up enfield, might have seen you there a while back with him.

Yeah i'm a mate of chris, i think he told me about you lol. But there is alot to do before i take it down to enfield lol.

Thinking of taking the turbo out, then take it to Ed at fusion motorsports and let him take over...still thinking though...lets see what happens when i get this exhaust on it.

starting to save the monies up now lol. Plans are, a rebuild the engine, new pistons and rods, new turbo remap and whatever i feel like it needs in the engine to make it a demon lol. Hopefully i can start soon :D

Smoke does'nt sound good, you did'nt do much research when buying this did you? And no offense but you come across as someone that knows nothing about turbo cars

Smoke does'nt sound good, you did'nt do much research when buying this did you? And no offense but you come across as someone that knows nothing about turbo cars
It had a blown turbo when i bought it, so when i replaced it, i found out that the piston rings are gone aswell..What makes you say i dont know anything about turbo cars?
And plus i knew that the car had problems, i bought it with my mind set on fixing it back up.

so your the one who bought it! lol. hope you get it running right mate! good luck! :D

Haha yeah i'm the one lol. Yep just getting the money together first lol

It had a blown turbo when i bought it, so when i replaced it, i found out that the piston rings are gone aswell..What makes you say i dont know anything about turbo cars?
And plus i knew that the car had problems, i bought it with my mind set on fixing it back up.

Just the way your posts are coming across, anyway mate best of luck if you bought it knowing it was in bits and the engine needed work thats good. . .love projects.
You doing all the work yourself?
First thing I'd do is get rid of that fiat coupe tubby.
You doing anything with the bodywork?

Just the way your posts are coming across, anyway mate best of luck if you bought it knowing it was in bits and the engine needed work thats good. . .love projects.
You doing all the work yourself?
First thing I'd do is get rid of that fiat coupe tubby.
You doing anything with the bodywork?

I see, well i'll try and watch the way i post next time lol.

Erm whatever i can do i'll do it myself, but when it comes to the main bits i rather take it to someone who knows what to do. Yeah i'm planning on getting all new bits for it, dont really want some french car's turbo in mine tbh.

Bodywork is properly the last thing i'm going to do, planning on changing the boot, to a standard some and the rear lights since its a bit too chavy for me tbh lol. But like i said, bodywork is last thing to do.

what have you got in mind superturbo, drop in another engine ? :)

Well i need to take it apart first so i know 100% whats wrong with it, but that will be near the summer time, since i'm too busy with work and college etc. But if its fixable, when i'll fix it, but its too badly damaged, then i'll look for a different engine. But just have to wait and see:glare:

Back