New drivers act / tailgaiters

lol i think we've all shouted stuff at other people on the road, aswell as various hand signals :p touch wood ive never been involved in anything more!

Totally agree with all posts here. I do find that people tailgate micras. They probably think that a Micra shouldnt be in front of them.

I've got 7 months until im free of this stupid new drivers act.

Has anyone read this weeks Auto Express. The goverment and the road saftey gang are thinking of banning young drivers driving after dark. I hope this doesent go through, or people like me will be stuffed in the winter :(.

Sky

thats an intresting idea.
so the goverment have no idea,
the main reason me and my mates learn't to drive was to be inderpent and not relay on are perants to get as to and from work.
and as for where i live there is no buses after 7 and the trains and risky.
so the effect of goverment ideas is that all superstores will be left short staffed and annoyed.
all though a better idea would be to limit young drive to low powered cars. i.e nothting bigger than a 1.4 non turbo.
so no flash gets written off their perants big bmw etc.

Until you are 25 then you shouldn't be able to drive anything with more 1400cc, no turbos allowed either.
Also, they will never stop people driving after dark because not everyone has a 9-5 job and some people work shifts or nights.

Its not funny and its not clever - but I had a Suzuki Swift (base model 1.3) up my rear today. Was sitting there for around 3 miles and wouldnt overtake. Eventually I slowed enough to catch 3rd gear going round a bend when just then the spotty little mummy's boy dropped and swung out around me.

I hit the floor and was going side by side right up to 75 when I had to brake for fear of crashing into the bus parked in front! Its a great adrenaline rush, but also very stupid considering I am still only on L-plates. But yeah, 45mph in third 65 in forth, then to 75 in fifth :D Im in a little 59bhp 1.0L and the swift (if it was indeed a base model) has a 90bhp 1.3! 'mon the micras!

please remember to always wear a seatbelt and drive safely :D

Back