Why i hate other drivers

Rob..

Ex. Club Member
Well i was driving down a national that was perfectly straight and the car in front is doing 40, so i signal and overtake properly, get upto 60 and put a bit of distance between us, then all of a sudden hes right next to me (punto 1.9 diesel turbo) and theres cars coming in the opposite direction and as i looked he was swerving into me! so i slammed on and let him go in front, and he slowed down to 40 again, this time i couldnt overtake because of oncoming traffic.
Next thing i know hes slowing right down and speeding up, i didnt bother playing his game and just went steady, then he slowed down and slammed on, i papped myself (obviously), once we got into town though he hit a red light so i got out and pulled him out the window and told him to stop puttin my life in danger.
It just blags how people do things like that, and usually get away with it, the other day i had someone shining a laser pen in my mirror while driving! i stopped my car then and got out to have a go at him. the annoying thing is they think its a laugh and one day i'll get in trouble because i dont stand by and let it happen

has anybody else experienced REALLY annoying/stupid motorists?

been driving 2 months and i have road rage =\

Regrettably there are people like that on the roads. One thing I would say is to excercise some caution........if you're in the habit of getting out of your car to give the person a good talking to I would hate you to meet someone who is planning on that very reaction and you end up in more than trouble.......like an AE or a ditch......it's not worth it.

hehe well i tend to get a look at them before i get out, i might be fearless but im not stupid =P

feel better now i got it out of my system, still i cant see how police cheif of west yorkshire can say they have 'enough' police officers when stuff like that is a regular occurance. should've got the reg plate really and sent off for a vehicular ASBO (costing him a good £105 + storage for recovery)

Oh yeah ####es me off all the time.
Example, driving down the coast road from Hornsea to Withernsea, anyone who's driven this knows its a fantastic stretch of road with S-Bends, straights, hairpins etc, all with great visibility.
BMW driver is behind me, in all of the straights (i'm doing 60 which is the speed limit and the fastest i'd feel safe at on these roads) he practically touching my bumper, in the corners (and im not driving very fast at all) he suddenly goes miles behind, then another straight on my bumper!
Back in the 30 limit he's constantly trying to push me above the speed limit GRRRR,

One day i'm gonna slam on and make the %@"$"£ hit me lol.

If I come across driving like that I 'rub' bumpers, they soon stop playing games. Just have your clutch ready in case they panic and slam their brakes on.

well a warning to you all, don't tailgate me. i have slammed on my brakes many times and it has always worked, they don't dare get close to you again. i am trying to reform from my boy racer style and keep to the speed limits, which is easy when there is no one about, but when you have someone right on your bumper it gets really hard.

i made this taxi crawl home at about 20mph because he just wouldn't back off..

It is frustrating. I've noticed a massive difference in regional driving styles too: having moved from Durham to Hertfordshire, I continued my driving lessons and was horrified at being tailgated in a learner car.

"But I'm a learner!" I cried at my instructor. "They're supposed to back off learners!"

She looked at me like I'd just pooped on her kids.

Stupid driving attitudes can make you really frustrated, but I just think of all the times when I've accidentally done something stupid (forgotten to signal; not been paying attention and screeched to a halt behind someone at the lights etc) including thinking I was in a 40 when I was in a 30 and getting really frustrated at the person in front of me going so slowly!!! How embarrassed was I when we passed the 40 sign...

At the end of the day you've got to keep your cool, drive like you normally would: keep your distance from people in front and I agree with the tactic of slowing down a little more if someone's tailgating you. Mostly they eventually get fed up and drop back, and because you've slowed down (rather than slamming on the brakes or speeding up) you're maintaining a safe driving attitude.

It's frustrating, but come my fellow MSC members: rise above the idiocy on the roads and show 'em how it's done!!! :laugh:

Regrettably there are people like that on the roads. One thing I would say is to excercise some caution........if you're in the habit of getting out of your car to give the person a good talking to I would hate you to meet someone who is planning on that very reaction and you end up in more than trouble.......like an AE or a ditch......it's not worth it.

I must say I also agree whole-heartedly with this. Appearances can be deceptive. Even little old ladies can swing a baseball bat with surprising speed and agility, and when you're skull's crushed it's too late to think, "Hmm, maybe I shouldn't have got out my car!"

My advice would always be get the reg if you can (filming evidence on your mobile, if it's safe to do so, is a good tactic) and report them. Never try to deal with it yourself, there are too many loonies out there as it is.

I just love watching bmw etc come up on the inside of a round about, but have the intension to go straight on! they boot it across the roundabout, but realise that im still next to them!

haha i love having a quick 1.0L :p

the only time i ever tailgate people is when i can see them tailgating the person infront! I had a switch wired in to switch my brake lights on when i liked which was fun. I just flicked them on then booted it :p

I hate it when I'm tootling along at the speed limit and some chav races up behind you, nearly smashing into your rear bumper and almost immediately pulling out in a feeble attempt to decimate you. My solution is to wait until they go for the overtake and see how ballsy they are when they can't pass me. So far had a Peugeot 106 and a Fiesta 1.25 try it and fail miserably.

If I was driivng insanely slow then fine, overtake me but if I'm doing things the lawful way, keep a safe distance and drive responsibly.

My solution is to wait until they go for the overtake and see how ballsy they are when they can't pass me. So far had a Peugeot 106 and a Fiesta 1.25 try it and fail miserably.

haha i love doing that, did it to a pug the other day all the way to a corner then had to back off :p

i watch people over taking other cars behind me, when they get to me, they always seem to take longer to decide wether they should go for it or not....and when they do....hahaha my foot slipped!

yeah when they tailgate me i just keep to the speed limit, or slow down depending on the road conditions/type. i dont let myself get pushed around. i supose most members on here with the aesthetic mods will give the impression they wanna go fast and race everyone which is why you may get a little more agro.
i live in an area full of boy racers and even though my car is standard i still get challenged, gonna be a bit worse once i start my mods i supose but still, i take pride in my car and how i drive it so i wont let them push me into it.

There's some dreadful driving about :(

Was coming back from Southampton yesterday, on the M3 - someone in a Nissan Note (hadn't even heard of it!), and it was a boy racer, was sitting in the outside lane constantly and wouldn't do above 65-70. I know it's the law but if the motorway is clear, which it was, then most people are going to be wanting to do about 80 or so in that lane (you all know you've done it!)

Anyway, when someone tried to overtake, or undertake, he'd put his foot down and be waving his arms around in the air as if they were committing murder!

Argh!

I'm with Nex, slam your brakes and make them crawl :)

aye captin ;)

TBH i have been trying to get someone to rear end me for a long time.... i need a repacement bumper from the time i got rear ended at the portsmouth meet...

No but he doesn't admit to driving like a ### on a web based forum. The highway codes guidance is quite clear on the matter, if someone is too close to you, ease off your speed and allow yourself extra reaction time so that if you do encounter a hazard you can react in time to avoid being rear ended.

I hate it when I'm tootling along at the speed limit and some chav races up behind you, nearly smashing into your rear bumper and almost immediately pulling out in a feeble attempt to decimate you. My solution is to wait until they go for the overtake and see how ballsy they are when they can't pass me. So far had a Peugeot 106 and a Fiesta 1.25 try it and fail miserably.

If I was driivng insanely slow then fine, overtake me but if I'm doing things the lawful way, keep a safe distance and drive responsibly.

no offence but this really ####es me off... i hate it when somebody is going slowly so when i go to pass them just becuase im in a micra or whatever they decide to boot it...

even if they are not going really slow (60 in a 60) and ive been going 70 becuase i know the road and it was wide open its still pointless.

if somebody wants to go fast then just let them pass its there risk if they want to race around at the end of the day but theres no point in making a concious effort to boot it just becuase your being overtaken...

I agree with this, i just keep my driving style EXACTLY the same, and don't let them faze me... If they want to feel free to overtake me, i don't care, but don't expect me to slow down just because you car isn't man enough... that said i won't speed up to stop them either.

Its annoying when you overtake someone, they drive faster, overtake you then slow down. I mean FFS!

This reminds me of the time I was driving back from Winchester and a chav in his lowered Clio with all his mates in came roaring up behind me. After tailgating me for about 1/4 mile, we came across a decent straight and he crawled past me (foot to the floor in 3rd I Imagine) even though I was doing 60.
I decided to give him a taste of his own medicine mind, and preceeded to sit on his bumper (at a safe distance of course :) ) for a little while - My standard Micra towering over him.
His terrified little pipggy eyes in the rear view and his mates looking around uneasily - being scared by a Micra - was priceless :D

I don't drive like a moron all the time, but I felt he deserved that :D

If someone decides to sit on my bumper then they aren't going to see what's in front of my car, so when i swerve to avoid that massive pothole that i knew was there they smack straight into it. After all it takes 2 seconds to react to any given situation.....let them behave like idiots, you never know you might see them in a Hedge someday.....

Nah white I'm afraid, like in my vGarage, why you ask?

Nah it's just a saw a green GX in Watford and thought it may have been yours. We'll have to meet up sometime being as we live so close.

no offence but this really ####es me off... i hate it when somebody is going slowly so when i go to pass them just becuase im in a micra or whatever they decide to boot it...

Each to their own.

For me, chavs that look down upon me for what I drive should get a taste of what they're playing with and if they can contain themselves then there's always that chance that the speed I'm going could keep them out of trouble. Of course, if they do wish to overtake in a considerate manner then I am happy to oblige.

I live in the Forest of Dean and we've got some really bad roads around here. I was doing national down this stretch which I know leads upto a set of blind bends and this gimp in a Corsa with a body kit + muffler (it was slow as anything) is driving right up my arse, I literally can't see his headlights in my rear view. I slowed down to about 40 to take the corner (usually do it at 50) and smack in the middle of the road is a flock of sheep. So I slam my breaks on and this guy swerves into the other side of the road (whilst sounding his horn, I might add) to avoid rear ending me and ends up stuck behind the sheep as well. It surely would've been easier to just NOT drive up my back side.:doh:

Its annoying when you overtake someone, they drive faster, overtake you then slow down. I mean FFS!

This i find extremely irritating. I usually come across this on the motorways, when the idiot is doing about 60/65 in the middle lane - left lane clear. You move out to lane 3 to go past and they speed up to 70/75 making it very hard to get past! As a result, you've got your average BMW up your bumper waiting to get past and muppet in lane 2 not moving over...

I hate tailgaters no matter who they are. I own the road BMW's, Boy Racers and even some middle aged woman last week driving right up my bum. I closed up the gap by another 5 or 6 feet and she didnt get the hint. Probably completely oblivious to the distance or what i was doing..

Another situation last week was that i was in convoy with Ems (She's on the bike) and we've got a pretty safe distance between us. Dual carriage way situation, clear behind, lane 2 is clear. Some impatient git couldn't wait behind me, instead over takes and forces his way inbetween Ems & I. I beeped and he just stuck his arm up to say 'what's the problem', so just held the horn down giving him hand signals lol. Really ###### me off at the time, and he gained all of 5 meters as a result!

From my time riding a motorbike a tailgater can be a very worrying thing, your riding, along and you having to slow ridiculously early for corners because if you brake faster you think they might hit you.
In the end i adjusted my rear brake pedal to allow me to light up the brake light without braking.

From my time riding a motorbike a tailgater can be a very worrying thing, your riding, along and you having to slow ridiculously early for corners because if you brake faster you think they might hit you.
In the end i adjusted my rear brake pedal to allow me to light up the brake light without braking.

A bloke was doing that to me on my way back from squires one day so I decided to follow him, identified who I was and gave him a #######ing.

i have had it many times before. especialy on the motorway, 50mph limits, single file traffic and im at the front of the cue, bloke behind in a white sprinter van swerving all over the shop flashing his lights for me to get out of the way, and at this point ive crept up to 56 57 ish....so i back off again and hes practicaly on by knees...

so i wait patiently.....70 limit approaches and i nail it in 3rd.. leaving him about 300ft behind...

and he doesnt catch me either...lol

but driving slowly on a motorway is waaay more dangerous than driving quickly. after all if your dordeling along at 50mph in a 70mph limit and theres cars coming towards you at a closing speed of over 20mph........then you are driving dangerously and without due care and attention. you should be taken off the road. if you cannot drive a car safely at 70mph then you shouldt drive....period!

My worst experience driving like this wasn't even really the way someone was driving, but I was going along my friends lane to drop him home, and we're going down this narrow street with cars parked all down one side so there's only room for one car to go at a time.

This woman who was parked on the side of the road, without looking decides to pull out right in front of me. I put the breaks on, she realised what she'd done and i went round her slowly. Didn't get angry or sound my horn or anything. Then when I stopped 50 meters up the road to let my friend out, she drives past, kids in the car and everything, and puts her middle finger up at me!

I hadn't even been doing anything wrong, no speeding or anything, I wasn't even playing my music loudly.

Back