New Car....

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
Coming July this year (I hope)....a friend of mine is selling it in July, and I'm first on the list :)

810315_88_full.jpg

Thoughts? :devil:

Minor modifications already, but soon to have a decat fitted, colder spark plugs, and a few other bits and pieces, so aiming for 250-260bhp. If I do end up buying it then I'll probably let Ed loose on it with an E-Manage.

:)

Coming July this year (I hope)....a friend of mine is selling it in July, and I'm first on the list :)

810315_88_full.jpg

Thoughts? :devil:

Minor modifications already, but soon to have a decat fitted, colder spark plugs, and a few other bits and pieces, so aiming for 250-260bhp. If I do end up buying it then I'll probably let Ed loose on it with an E-Manage.

ooooh, kinda looks like a jag... ish

i'll have it :p

are you ditching the micra?

Good lad, I'm sure you will enjoy the step up (if it happens), how much are you getting it for if I may ask?

Nope, less space, there is naff all in a 200SX!

Craig, it's done 70k with FSH, comes with a private number plate (SX... bla bla), will have new decat fitted, plus has new induction setup, boost valve, boost gauge, new exhaust, refurbed wheels with brand new tyres and a few other bits and pieces.

He's looking at around £4k, which imo, for the condition it is in is quite a bargain, he's already spent over £5k on it, and had it less than a year.

The ICE will probably be stripped down to light weight, but still big bass (i.e. no sub but 8" speakers up front in the doors).

I like it though............. ;) :)

Good stuff, flog the plate and the ICE and that'll cover the insurance :D intruiged how quick that'll be compared to mine, time for some steer from the rear fun for you?

Few questions:

1. s13 or s14?

2. what current enigne mods does it have?

If it's a s13 with standard engine mods then it should be around the 215bhp area and you will certainly not see past 250bhp with the modifications you want to add unless you are planning on upgrading to the t28 turbo, bigger injectors and a re-map of the current ecu!

I know from experiance as my freind owns a 180sx s13 and on the rolling road day i went to he had his re-mapped to suit his t28, bigger injectors and he could only get 287bhp!

Lovley cars these are and glad u got one dude!

lol '59bhp' i know what a sr20det is dude and its a s14 then it shuld be the a red top or the black top i cant really remember!

just to clarify that a '180sx' is a 2 litre its the jap import version of the s13 200sx

With about £1k worth of investment they can make near enough 300bhp, I'm sure ~ 200 will be enough for me to start with (rather different to a micra).

I know someone who had a 358bhp S14a and that was mental (lovely Nismo wheels too!), it can be done :)

Not many engine modifications done so far, bar induction setup, new exhaust/decat setup, bov too, then a few more bits and pieces will be added in the coming months before I get my hands on it. I hope to add on a nice FMIC, then funds permitting, new turbo and a remap.

Craig, no idea matey, how much did your Volvo set you back? With around 250bhp it should shift, although rwd will be different to sat the least. Saying that, they do weigh a fair amount.

If pacific blue is the greeny colour, then yes it is, it's the one I was after! I might in fact change the wheels to something different, possibly Nismo (funds permitting).

Pete, I'm taking it on a trackday or 2 hopefully, so I should get used to it!

Oh, and the brakes have been recently done too, and upgraded. Suspension has already been upgraded.

Suggested modifications anyone? I want subtle, no stupid paint jobs or plastic tat....! Basically, stealth.

colour code everything, get rid of the spoiler......smooth out all the imperfections, like swage lines and stuff......and that will do....but have a 350bhp motor in there. GRRRR

The bumper will be modified to fit a large intercooler. I wont be removing the spoiler though, I quite like it! I also wont be doing 'too' much bodywork wise as I want it to have a decent resale value :)

Possibly smoothing though! However, performance over form in my case...

£1600, yours?
What toys does it have?

You will def have to take me out in it if you get it :D

wen u sign up to sxoc dude look out for my mate dave who has the 180sx he has done all the mods u are wanting to do and he also likes the subtle look!

£1600, yours?
What toys does it have?

You will def have to take me out in it if you get it :D

Over the double the cost of your barge, ouch :sick:

I've always wanted one though, and its nearly impossible to find them in such good condition and with no stupid modifications!

Not sure on exact toy list, but at least it has electric windows :doh:

Oh, and of course I'll take you out in it! :)

Well, yours is prob a coupla years younger an a bit more in demand, lol you still have no leccy windows then I take it?
You still Uni'ing it up, or you out on placement?

Well, yours is prob a coupla years younger an a bit more in demand, lol you still have no leccy windows then I take it?
You still Uni'ing it up, or you out on placement?

I'm on my industrial placement at the moment, working in Brighton so have a 45 minute commute each day. Should be fun :devil:

does it come with free TA barge assistance membership pete?

:p

Yes it does, I test drove one today and they are amazing :devil:

Talk to me before you do anything if you do go in this direction - you will love a T5 though, I guarantee ot

Get on msn :p

Ok, to put it this way, how could I refuse a 230bhp engine that takes a meer £500 to bring it up to 280bhp?!

Insurance is cheap, lots of toys and lots of comfort.

:love:

It's more than that, the torque is amazing and it does love the motorways, I will maybe on MSN tomorrow if you aren't revising too hard (I fear I will not be). If you can spare an afternoon to come Soton I can show you how they go, erm, sent you a PM so not much need fot this really, oh well, helps with the post count I suppose

Back