• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Yet Another New Car...1986 Pontiac Trans Am

MicraFish

Rollin' with Diesel and V8 Power
Hi guys

Some of you may have seen on Facebook, but I'll post on here anyways, as gosh darn it, I love it :)

5.0 ltr V8 on carbs
4 speed auto
Circa 150 hp, BUT eff loads of torque :)
Very RED

Red the Shed (as my mother has so aptly named him...) is in need of a little TLC, but so far my dad and I haven't come across anything majorly wrong - touch wood! Seems to be purely a case of not being used - only done 300 miles in the last couple of years...
So far the list of To Do's is:
1) Service - Oil, filter and Spark Plugs
2) Get left headlight working again... it was the switch which is dodgy...
3) Get Water Temp gauge and fuel gauge working correctly
4) Tidy up the engine bay, so wires aren't hanging near hot things...
5) Drive as is for my first Yank!

So not a horrendous list, just so he can be driveable and usable as potentially a daily driver. Will still be using the Toledo as another daily driver, and for long journeys!

Here be the pics! (the left headlight is currently being worked on by my daddy, so not present currently lol)
179203_10152563864425191_1111111198_n.jpg

598605_10152563865095191_384401176_n.jpg

377698_10152563864290191_1790208459_n.jpg

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

it's probably only done a few miles because of the price of petrol :D
It's gonna be a thirsty beast :)

Lol, nah it's been stricken on my parent's driveway being sorted out and I don't live very close to them, so I havent been able to drive it :(
Apparently they do about 200 miles to a tank, but I don't care too much, it's the noise that matters! :D

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

150bhp from a 5 litre V8? Typical American car then! ;)

Looks lovely though! :)

Lol too right James! It might have a bit more as it has some after market parts on it but I'm not expecting much lol Once I start at Janspeed I'll get it on the rolling road and see what power he puts out! See if I can get an exhaust done up for him too - needs a twin exit dammit!
Thanks though dude! :D