New driver and micra owner

ladybird

Club Member (Trial)
Hi,

Just passed my driving test nearly a month ago and now trying to get to grips with my car. I have had it for about a year but it was being used by someone else as I could not drive it just yet(did do some practice with it though).

Its a K11(will post pics later), Micra Celebrations, 998cc, Red, 3 doors 16v. I have already had to spend quite abit on it already since its been returned back for me to use and hoping it wont need any more major work(expensive) for a while.

So far i have done:
  1. Cleaned and waxed
  2. Oil change at Kwikfit
  3. Replaced 2 front tyres at KwikFit
  4. Front brake Disc and pads
  5. New wheel trims

Still to do:
  1. Get rid of some scuff on the body once i figure out how
  2. Gear can be stiff an (sometimes loose) and needs to be checked
  3. Instal Cigerette lighter
  4. Fix right reverse light(replace bulb)
  5. Fix radio volume. It turns itself up whilst I'm driving
  6. Replace h4 bulb holder and bulb (driver side)
  7. Replace fuel filter
  8. Replace spark plugs
  9. Replace air filter

Owning a car is expensive business as I've come to discover but its great that I found this site as I have uncovered some useful advice on doing some of the above myself (with my haynes manual by my side).

LadyB

Hello and welcome to the club, I'm sure you can get H4 conecctions from the Scrapyard and probably a bulb at the same time. Do you have a cigarette lighter socket at all?

Hello and welcome to the club, I'm sure you can get H4 conecctions from the Scrapyard and probably a bulb at the same time. Do you have a cigarette lighter socket at all?

I have already bought the h4 connector and bulb for the job but I was quoted £20 to fit them in. It did cost £40 about 3 months ago for parts and labour. Its all starting to add up so I'm hoping that its something I can fix myself this time(especially if its going to keep melting).

I have also bought the cigerette lighter unit. I hope i havent jumped the gun. I just assumed that I'd be able to fit it into the hole(under the radio) which currently has a removable cap on it. only problem is i couldnt feel any cables in the hole that I could attach to the lighter unit. If I understand the haynes manual correctly, I will need to take off the front-centre facia but Im just worried that I might break something. Will give it another try in the weekend.

Thanks

Back