Need some advice please anyone?! :(

Hi. I ain't been on this forum in ages now since i sold my baby k11 lol
Well anyway I've just bought another micra which i've just fixed :)
I know this is abit random but I needed some advice for my dads Toyota Carina E GTi. Its with the Toyota Celica Engines (3S-GE) I've been on the Toyota Forum and no one at all helped me on there :(
So here I am, so please anyone help me particularly Frank :)
Let me get to the point before i keep dragging this lol
My dads Toyota Carina E GTi 1993 model has had the headgasket replaced by his friend. His friend took the timing belt off and never came back lol he's got alot of work and has gone abroad so now me and my brother are the only option to getting the timing belt on! We've got it all timed up right but the timing belt isn't going on, we've took the pulley off and loosened the 2 tensioner bolts but still not off. This has the hydraulic piston thing. The mechanic said you will have to jack the car up and get the engine abit tilted to have enough clearance but my brother was curious that if we jack it up from the oil pan or somewhere near there will the driveshafts be straining and damaged?
Thanks in advance.

Frank i'm not so sure if its Cast Ally. It sure don't seem like a tin though.
How can I tell the difference? ( i know bit of a dumb question..lol )

thanks

Frank i'm not so sure if its Cast Ally. It sure don't seem like a tin though.
How can I tell the difference? ( i know bit of a dumb question..lol )

thanks

it does,nt really matter nainy, a trolley jack wont damage it if you,re only lifting the engine up a bit :) (and not the whole car :eek:)

Well credit to Frank/Andy we've jacked it up abit using bit of wood block and it did the job! :) we've got it all lined up and the timing belt is on. We've also turned the Crankshaft Pulley 2 Revolutions.
and then we put things back on as air filter and etc etc but then wen tried jump starting it, it didn't start! :( can anyone help me on what to check please.
Also everything is connected. I'm gussing it maybe an Fuel Airlock (btw how do you get rid of the air) but i'm not sure.
There was an oxygen sensor under the car, near the intake-manifold which was slightly broken off, which my friend glued and taped it back.

Well credit to Frank/Andy we've jacked it up abit using bit of wood block and it did the job! :) we've got it all lined up and the timing belt is on. We've also turned the Crankshaft Pulley 2 Revolutions.
and then we put things back on as air filter and etc etc but then wen tried jump starting it, it didn't start! :( can anyone help me on what to check please.
Also everything is connected. I'm gussing it maybe an Fuel Airlock (btw how do you get rid of the air) but i'm not sure.
There was an oxygen sensor under the car, near the intake-manifold which was slightly broken off, which my friend glued and taped it back.

as it got some thing to do with the injectors been disconected. think you have to do some thing but i cant remember:laugh: its christmas and ive had a drink:devil: in the mean time

http://www.all-parts.com/diagnostics/mechanics/Toyota-Celica-GTS-Sport.html

have ya ever been on that?

thanks andy. much appreciated guys.
Now that everythings done the car ain't starting! :S
Don't know what it is but we went to the mechanic today and he said do your timing again this time with the distributor on.
We've tried starting the car and there is no spark what so ever, this has the mechanical dizzy so there should be a spark anyway right? I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THIS AND IM STRUGGLING!
What will happen if we did the timing but did not have the dizzy on at the time while doing it? is the timing belt, pistons, etc and the dizzy ment to turn all at one time? can anyone help me on this as the tax of the gti is finishing tomorrow.
any ideas or suggestions thanks
Hope Frank knows what to do.
cheers

there,s a pdf manual here nainy
http://www.celicagt.nl/Docs/st202_rm396e.pdf
it shows cut-outs/notches on the cams that you line up with a dot on the cam bearing cap @ TDC
and many dizzy,s have an offset slot drive, which will only line up one way :)
edit, the dizzy does have an offset slot drive in the end of the cam (the same as a CG)

i dont know much about this engine or dizzy set-up. but if you dont have a spark atall, i would check that you have power to all the nessasary parts; coil, dizzy. also, do you have a signal going to the coil?
how sure are you that you did the timing right?

nice one google eh ed :grinning: he should have a spark still tho (even with the belt miss-aligned)

thats what i was thinking, thats why i think its worth checking power to the coil, dizzy ect. if there is no spark atall sounds like somthing isnt connected up right to me...

hmmm well i guess i have to take everything off again and see if i've missed anything out.
but apparently its a 93 model and it dosen't have a coil or a knock sensor or does it?
2 mechanics said it dosen't and one said he aint sure! but they all said it definetly dose't have a coil pack.

is the last wire whats connected to the distributor the coil one? cheers

Back