Advice

Hi all,

I own a K11 1.0 LX. It's pretty standard atm... Was wondering about some cheap styling tips to make it look abit sweeter. I've reluctantly put some hub caps on it. I've also part debadged the boot. I was wondering abut removing the centre Nissan badge and the black bump strips down the doors? Is this a good thing to do or do they have rivet holes under them? And how much or a pain is it? Also the Nissan badge on the bonnet, is that a simple take off?

Please help. Any advice will be taken on board and some pics will be winging their way shortly.

JC

The Side strips are just glued on :grinning: I suggest using a hairdryer to heat the glue up underneath and then use a guitar wire to get under and break the glue along the strip. But once you take them off youll need to get rid of the glue left behind and the paint may be a bit of a dofferenct colour. But some T cut should sort it (Y)

Not sure about the other stuff though.

Oh and Welcome (Y)

Under the front and rear badges there are two pin holes so either plug them from behind or filler them.
(strips were covered above)

Does the wire not damage the paint? I just pulled mine off after a bit of heating. The hardest part is getting rid of the old paint. I used petrol and an old credit catd, but that might also damage the paint.

Does the wire not damage the paint? I just pulled mine off after a bit of heating. The hardest part is getting rid of the old paint. I used petrol and an old credit catd, but that might also damage the paint.
Nah it should be ok as long as we are talking Nylon acoustic strings :p
that or fishing line or just pull it off like many do :D

I found this paste stuff from screwfix and where I got the 'Micra' and 'LX' sicker bits of the boot I used this paste and it came straight off! Like you said though the fading on the paint was a bit different but not noticeable really. And nothing that a T-Cut wouldn't sort out right? Thinking of doing the door strips next, probably in this coming week...
How much and where do I look for a cheap suspension set-up? And maybe strut braces etc... As my poor little baby does roll all over the place. Oh and at a later date, will the 1.3 engine sink in with much hassle? Plus I'm loking for some cheap bog-standard alloys... Does anyone know what wheels would fit my car? I.e. Old corsa alloys or anything like that?

Back