Need guidance from Micra Gurus

Hi im relatively new to the mod scene, have a 98 K11 Micra and all I have done so far is colour code the bumpers and boot handle.

But I recently acquired a SuperS front bumper from my local scrappy and now want to get back into it! I want to start by spraying the new bumper (its black mine is red) and do the wing mirrors and door handles, but I cant see how to get the wing mirrors and handles off or how to get the actual mirror out for spraying? Can anyone help?

the mirrors are held by 3 10mm nuts behind the triangular panel on the inside of the door, the handles are held by 2 10mm nuts and a rod clipped in that can be accessed by removing the inner door trim.

Thats great thanks! Was also thinking of getting some lowering springs and rims, what size rims/springs would I need to avoid scrubbing problems etc?

does a 35mm lower make much difference? Seems quite a small drop! I dunno what to do about this bumper, dont know how to wire up the lights so I might take them out and mesh the holes

yer 35mm does make a bit of difference. just stops it looking like such of a tractor with larger wheels on. 'mph' is selling some 50mm lowering springs for £99 delivered atm.

they only come off easily in one direct..forcing them out can break one of the clips...maybe not totally but it will do it some damage, i think they need to be pushed side ways towards the window (based on which side youre working on) but i could be wrong as it may be the other way... :S

I realised this after i checked the haynes and it said pop it out, which while doing that i noticed the above, was needed to be done instead.

as said just take care... :)

Its ok I just masked em off and sprayed away, didnt wanna risk breaking them! Just need to lacquer the door handles now, lookin gooood (Y) Just need to find some nice alloys now and reasonably priced springs!

Back