tailgate handle / door handles

Haylz

Ex. Club Member
How easy is it to take the tailgate handle off?

I know I have to unscrew the numberplate lights etc, but what I wondered is the actual handle just glued on or is it held on my bolts or something from the inside too?

I want to take it off to paint it.

Also, I was in a scrappy yesterday and was gonna get some handles off a 5 door so I could paint them and still have handles on my car while I was doing them, however I couldn't get the rear door handles off as the bolts for them were actually behind the metal panel underneath the doorcard. Is there an easy way to get them off or will it be just as easy masking off the side of the car with newspaper and spraying them on the car? I don't mind doing it this way but obviously will have to wait until summer when the weather is good.

dont know about the handles, but the boot handle is 4 small nuts behind the panel on the inside of the bootlid. may have to take the wiper motor out if you have one, as one nut is right behind it grr lol

Wrote about this before, but I cant find it so will write it again. To remove the rear handle, firstly open your boot and remove the panel on the inside, just pop the wee plugs off and it will come away. Then most likely you will have to undo your wiper motor to access to bolts holding the handle on. Once you have done that its just a case of unscrewing the 4 bolts holding it on, disconect the electrics and it will come off.

yeah it aint too hard to do i had it redone because i left my keys in the car (and yeh 'by the way' simply lifting the rear handle doesent open a locked boot hehehe it broke) either ways good look mate..

Shark3y...

Back