Noobie needs some guidance!

Hey guys, as you can see this is my first post on these forums and most certainly wont be my last.

I got my K12 micra last August as my first car, just after my 17th and got my license in the October, my original plan was to just leave it bog standard and instead save the money that I'd spend doing it up on a better car (the only exception being a new sound system).

I've been contemplating recently whether to maybe do it up a bit, quite tastefully though and nothing too major, the main reason for this thread is just for some help on whats been done to this micra below and a rough guide on how much it would cost (I'd be doing the work with my uncle so labor costs wouldnt be involved). I understand that BBS wheels are rather expensive, instead if anyone knows of some similar wheels that have a similar design to the BBS wheels with quite a few spokes that are a bit cheaper would be a great help. Sorry for the long thread by the way!

TLDR: What exactly has been done to this micra and what costs would be involed?

~Chris

Attachments

• dropped.jpg
    dropped.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 3,651
TLDR: What exactly has been done to this micra and what costs would be involed?

~Chris

Hi chris...welcome to the forum

Ummmmm

...lots.....expensive :p

I believe that's @Big-Jord 's car
Gorgeous and high for insurance, which as a young driver will be the same for you.
If you intend to mod it is best yo wait at least till you get your first year of NCB ;)
...if you simply must mod start selling off your organs now <_<

Edit: I'm on my tablet right now, so can't post thread links

If you search for him you should be able to find his threads :D

Hi chris...welcome to the forum

Ummmmm

...lots.....expensive :p

I believe that's @Big-Jord 's car
Gorgeous and high for insurance, which as a young driver will be the same for you.
If you intend to mod it is best yo wait at least till you get your first year of NCB ;)
...if you simply must mod start selling off your organs now <_<

Edit: I'm on my tablet right now, so can't post thread links

If you search for him you should be able to find his threads :D

Cheers for the reply Jen! Ah I see.. Its just so tastefully done and smooth, made me want to do it to mine haha. I get my no claims at the start of June (went with admiral and they did 10 months instead of 12, but still with the years no claims at the end). I've just put it through comparethemarket with and without the mods, I put in coilovers and alloys, with my years no claims it churned out £1300, I'm guessing it'd still be somewhere near that even if I phoned up?

Found his profile by the way, thanks a tonne!

Cheers for the reply Jen! Ah I see.. Its just so tastefully done and smooth, made me want to do it to mine haha. I get my no claims at the start of June (went with admiral and they did 10 months instead of 12, but still with the years no claims at the end). I've just put it through comparethemarket with and without the mods, I put in coilovers and alloys, with my years no claims it churned out £1300, I'm guessing it'd still be somewhere near that even if I phoned up?

Found his profile by the way, thanks a tonne!

You're welcome,

£1300 with mods is very good for your age and ncb!
Although It's always worth checking the insurers not on comparison sites too, and phoning around to double check quotes and deals ;)

You're welcome,

£1300 with mods is very good for your age and ncb!
Although It's always worth checking the insurers not on comparison sites too, and phoning around to double check quotes and deals ;)

Thanks for the help! :) Not looking to go over the top or even set eyes on the engine, just make it look a little more appealing. Really like what you've done with yours by the way, loved the build thread aswell (especially the jap police car mockup). Also, thanks for the idea with what you've done with your wheels, mine currently has steelies but think I'll try find some wheels with tyres on ebay and give them a good spray, cheap and cheerful I suppose right?

Back