• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

my micra, the phoenix

the chrome nut`s do you mean i haven`t as they won`t fit over the lockers
if you look behind the wheels one of the calipers is painted the other is not which was what i wasn`t sure about lol

hey matey, they look ok...just that security nut stands out.

Anyways thats not why im posting, i once put some chrome valve caps on a car...they fused to the valves and i had to saw them all off! SO its all good in summer but in winter with the grit, salt and water etc it may cause you MASSIVE problems when you come to change a puncture etc...the valve caps seem to of fused all of a sudden within about a week...

just a thought!

hey matey, they look ok...just that security nut stands out.

Anyways thats not why im posting, i once put some chrome valve caps on a car...they fused to the valves and i had to saw them all off! SO its all good in summer but in winter with the grit, salt and water etc it may cause you MASSIVE problems when you come to change a puncture etc...the valve caps seem to of fused all of a sudden within about a week...

just a thought!

thanks for letting me know i have known of it happen before when metal valve caps are put on plastic valves however in this case i should be ok because to let you in on a little secret the bolt covers are plastic so i should be ok :D

i once put some chrome valve caps on a car...they fused to the valves and i had to saw them all off! SO its all good in summer but in winter with the grit, salt and water etc it may cause you MASSIVE problems when you come to change a puncture etc...the valve caps seem to of fused all of a sudden within about a week...

just a thought!

yearh same happened to me, had to replace all the vavles!!!

Wouldn't anti-seize grease prevent this?

nah the metal of the valve caps expands quicker than the plastic the valves are made of so siezes up

back onto my car anyway a little game of spot the diffrence nearly happy with the back end now just the exhaust to do

please note all the pictures are new you will have to compare with the picture on previous page to spot whats new

Attachments

• JDM 001.JPG
    JDM 001.JPG
    710.1 KB · Views: 526
  • JDM 002.JPG
    JDM 002.JPG
    832.1 KB · Views: 512
  • JDM 003.JPG
    JDM 003.JPG
    793.9 KB · Views: 518
cheers kenny just wish i had the cash to get the exhaust made :(

thought i`d tease you guys with a few pics of my evening project for the next couple of weeks and my home made sprayshop

Attachments

• JDM 004.JPG
    JDM 004.JPG
    753.3 KB · Views: 463
  • black mirror 001.JPG
    black mirror 001.JPG
    694.6 KB · Views: 498
  • black mirror 002.JPG
    black mirror 002.JPG
    688.2 KB · Views: 431
  • black mirror 003.JPG
    black mirror 003.JPG
    699.7 KB · Views: 471
small insignificant update the mirrors are still not done had new brakes fitted and mot tax service etc done so that i`m good for the next year

next update in two weeks possibly with video aswell

I have to admit this does look good saw it in the flesh (briefly) as I went past on a38 other day and did look rather tidy.

will look better soon had to take the exhaust trims off for the MOT so there staying off
seen you flying past me was tempted to come after you but was on an economy run to fetch a new car for my brother
really want to get the front bumper done next week but i`m gonna have to make some new doorcards as the drivers side one keeps falling off with the uprated speakers behind it might still get some time though mirrors are currently going through a rethink on paint but will be done soon :)

i know i said it would be another week before this update

i lied i`d booked it in for today to have the exhaust done

before the pics big thanks to lenny at 1stopperformance burton on trent for spending the whole day doing this absolute perfect

sadly no video`s because i had to bring it home in traffic i`ll try and get one soon

exhaustdone002.jpg

refitted my k&n panel filter and fitted a cold air feed going away from the hot engine still no vids of the new exhaust note will try and get one when i get a nice day

also picked up the wood and material so will hopefully have the front doorcards remade by tomorrow/friday with my vibe speakers in where they don`t keep falling off every few days

will get pics of the cold air feed soon

right a small update have the vibe speakers in one side custom fitted will get some pics when the other side`s done the new cold air feed wasn`t a sucess fell off first time i went out and i lost it so i`m on standard feed at the moment

however at rotorstock today whilst bored waiting for the racing to start me and jowley managed to find a rolling road so naturally we had to have a go 3 runs for £40 will upload the printouts later when i`m with the scanner but the all important figures

at the flywheel 88.5BHP , 69.1ftlb Torque
at the wheels 70.4BHP , 69.1ftlb Torque

quite pleased with that and the power keeps going right up to 6000rpm so i best start revving it a bit more i think :D

small update to come it may well be after jae now though i`m temporarily back on the standard alloys whilst i wait for two 17 x 7.5`s to turn up i`ve been asured they will be here in time so i hope to have them back on

the mirror covers have gone gloss black as has the bottom of the rear bumper makes the car stand out better and my favourite part, the car now has blue leatherette front doorcards fitted with the brand new mutant harmony 6.5" component set just got to finish the window switches then i`ll get some pics up :)

chill out dudes need to charge the batterys for the camera to get some decent pictures of the tints back bumper new plates and new stickers just one request anyone got a decent picture of the back when monkey was strapped to it taken him off now and don`t wanna put him back on just for a pic

really happy with the car now and the tint`s have made it into the car i`ve wanted for a long time so now it`s definately getting finished

new wheels are here but they`ve only sent 17 x 7`s so some spacers are gonna be used on the back

next mod is gonna be lowering i think asap as it needs it to finish off the back end

one question though plate in standard recess or plate in mesh section in rear bumper and smooth boot ??

Car Is Looking awesome Dragon!

thanks matey (Y)

when i can drag myself away from the comp i`ll take some current pictures then sadly there will be no more updates till after the winter i have bought some new parts waiting for one to be delivered actually but no point in doing them till after the bad weather seeing as the show seasons finished for this year :(

Nah it was originally spaced p1 swad but he got pulled lol Some Scottish people at Jae loved it! Anyway where are the pics of them tints?

lol yeah it`s pete 1 swad but gets enough laughs as it is so i`m not that fussed i will get some pics of the tints today hopefully was gonna get them last week then i dropped off a curb and nearly tore the rear bumper off so have that to sort out when payday comes :( luckily no damage to the face other than a little inch long piece off the top edge but i`ve got a nice idea for when i remake the mounts ;)

eventually after how long has it took me ? we have some pictures of the tints sorry about the quality camera batterys gone flat and i can`t find the charger so used my phone still a 3mp but it`s a pretty basic camera also put a pic in at the end of the damage to the bumper now i`m pretty impressed with how it held up still annoyed that i`m gonna have to remake the mounts though :( anyway enjoy comments are welcome as i know there are a few bits not posted on here before :)

Attachments

• P300909_12.25.jpg
    P300909_12.25.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 439
  • P300909_12.24_[02].jpg
    P300909_12.24_[02].jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 441
  • P300909_12.24_[01].jpg
    P300909_12.24_[01].jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 457
  • P300909_12.23.jpg
    P300909_12.23.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 517
  • P300909_12.24.jpg
    P300909_12.24.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 499
looking good matey. when you fit your springs you will have to get your arches rolled to stop the wheels from scrubbing, mine did

looking good matey. when you fit your springs you will have to get your arches rolled to stop the wheels from scrubbing, mine did

thanks for letting me know dude gonna be after the winter now even though it needs it hate it sitting so high up don`t even know if there gonna make it low enough ;)

oh it will be low trust is with the back bumper on shame you didnt have the full kit looks amazing how low it is with a kit on

it is a shame but i don`t like the rest of the kit however my fibreglassing skills are getting better and work have given me a little bonus for going to a diffrent store for two weeks soo watch this space a new kit may arrive :) also i will soon have some new boot lights once next day off comes :) funny how rubbish from previous hobbies comes in handy :)

lol i wish mate the front ones are still on in black there growing on me in black so may stay that way the back ones hopefully will be on tomorrow then the car needs washing before pics it`s bloody filthy

1) LOVING your number plates
2) arches seem to look well in black, tying the colour of the wheels into the car
3)generally a smashing looking car :D
4) where did u get the arches? i wouldn't mind a set for my mystery machine lol
5)Aero blades?? sexy!!

1) LOVING your number plates
2) arches seem to look well in black, tying the colour of the wheels into the car
3)generally a smashing looking car :D
4) where did u get the arches? i wouldn't mind a set for my mystery machine lol
5)Aero blades?? sexy!!

1) thanks dude they make me laugh
2) thats kinda the plan with them eventually they will go body coloured but the weathers not on my side
3) i`m about half way through the work hoping to have the outside done this year, inside next year then see what i can do with the engine
4) they originally came from japan are impul arches the other parts of the kit are floating around on ebay at the moment there are some nissan arches that come as part of a kit also from ebay but you have to buy the full kit
5) i`m guessing you mean the wipers they are good but don`t deal with snow very well so i need a new set now :(

sorry to dissapoint i`d have loved to have updated with pictures of the rear arches tonight but the metal on the lip of the arches is thicker than i thought so my self tapping screw method won`t work i`m going to have to drill and bolt them on so hopefully be able to get them on next week :)

Back