• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My Micra :D

My Micra is a 2004 1.0 with 120,000 miles on it
I bought it as the standard bottom spec car....
Got my hands on a 2003 top spec micra that was in a front end smash and 'harvested'

The seats (storage under the front seats) and half leather trimmed backs
The upper sliding drawers in the glove box
The trip computer
The multi function steering wheel, also leather trimmed
The electric mirrors
The smoked headlights
The bootlid spoiler
The grab handles on the roof
The courtesy lamp in the boot
I have also taken the wiper and indicator stalk mechanism because it has the front spot light switch which i will need later but sadly the donor car had its front bumper smashed in :(
Got all the above parts for €300 which is amazing because i'd say theres thousands of euros of factory accessories there :D:D

As far as i know all i am now missing is, air-con, ESP, and the front spots? If anyone has any clues of where to source any aside from main dealer i would much appreciate it!:grinning:

(PICTURES TO FOLLOW)

Nearly forgot to mention... all be it kind of insignificant
Front and rear wind deflectors
Front and rear genuine tailored floor mats
Smoked front indicators
Altered (but not tacky) number plates

p260409161202.jpg

p260409161201.jpg

p2604091612.jpg

p2604091610.jpg

I'l have to take some tomorrow of the interior and engine... have the engine so you could eat your dinner off of it (Y)

shouldn't be a problem really just copy the image url so ( imageshack.us/andysmicra/micra001.jpg )
for example and paste into the insert image icon text bar above the reply box and should all be fine you can check to see if it has worked via "Go Advanced" Button Below the text box.
good luck! (Y)

nope, has its commission number on the passenger side door sill, alongside the rust :D i love how its so problematic, theres always something to fiddle with :)
In the last year, valve cover gasket, then whole engine head head had to be done weeks later anyhow, new rear cylinders, get the rust treated on the drivers door sill only for it to come up on the passenger side!, replaced the old back box and now the new one is blowing too! heat shield fell off the manifold, just fell off! and am currently battling with the low speeds on the fan, the rear wiper and the digital clock!!! but damn i love it!!!!! :laugh:(Y)

yeah have been told they were problematic but i blame the company for doing a rush job after the rover 25 i believe... just cos my brother had one and it sounds like the same thing lol

Well the results of the company speak for themselves really, the rovers were terminally dull... but i dont mean to sound like a romancing old man but theres something about how the ZR drives, its brilliant, im going to keep it until the wheels fall off :grinning: (next thursday:suspect:)

a few more pics... i was feeling 'upload happy' tonight so thought id put up lots of pics of my motoring/transport history to date lol :blues::wasntme::eek:fwn
the first few pics are of the updated interior bits from my micra, and when i say 'new' i mean scrap yard new :laugh:
p3101101430.jpg

my new leather trimmed wheel with stereo controls... note my siren horn in the bottom right hole of the steering wheel lol

p3101101431.jpg

my new trip computer, looks way better than the cubby hole in my opinion :D it was grey, painted it matt black myself, good match eh? ;) and as you can see the temp gauge doesnt work, any adice on how to get it going would be great :D

p3101101434.jpg

my new half leather seats with the storage bins underneath, and side airbags too! (stain unbelievably easy :()

my beloved cuores L.E.D. kit :D :wasntme: (these pics are fairly old)

73475020.jpg

23133739.jpg

515624531a6773306110l.jpg

515624531a6773306039l.jpg

96680626.jpg

48774616.jpg

23813707.jpg

my poor Pugeot 106, wrote this off a while back

515624531a6773326761l.jpg

and my other mode of transport, my perception dancer canoe :D:D:pgrr

515624531a6773318472l.jpg

Back