• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

my micra, the phoenix

gimme chance dan all will be revealed soon at the moment i`m doing this in between work so it`s not that easy

:( not happy gone to put the indicator grills on to add a little stability today and the slots for the bottom clips are smaller on the jdm bumper than the uk one :grr looks like thats another job for tomorrow

however to finish on a nice note for a change just had a parcel arrive interestingly wrapped up pics when i get back from work

thanks has to go to antony for this next update professional job done mate now i`ll let you guess what they are for a couple of days

also ant did you by any chance measure the 4 circular holes when you had them?

pics

Attachments

• engine parts 002.JPG
    engine parts 002.JPG
    800.9 KB · Views: 438
  • engine parts 003.JPG
    engine parts 003.JPG
    848.5 KB · Views: 438
  • engine parts 004.JPG
    engine parts 004.JPG
    822.6 KB · Views: 444
  • engine parts 005.JPG
    engine parts 005.JPG
    820.8 KB · Views: 404
  • engine parts 001.JPG
    engine parts 001.JPG
    854 KB · Views: 389
cheers modded
grr stupid renault why couldn`t they put the engine about 5mm further away from the alternator another job you have to take half the engine to bits to do

this is really begining to #### me off now can`t fit the new heatshield cuz the alternator`s in the way and the new bumper well it`s the best joke i`ve seen in a long while nothing seems to work on it edited due to driving the car this morning it`s too much fun i dont wanna get rid anymore

glad you got those bits matey...

no sorry i didnt measure them, i asumed that with it having micra printed on them they would be the correct parts...

i didn`t mean it that way mate i`m sure it`s the right one for the car just not quite what i expected i expected it to go from 4 into 1 for the single throttle body looks like nissan are using some trickery inside the airbox however it will be perfect for the other project i was talking to you about so i`ll leave it till then instead of swapping with the one thats on the car 600cc should do the trick shouldn`t it?

yeah, they will be fine matey. you have to consider 'they' use alot more fuel than a k12 engine. so you can get away with using 600's

fitted new aluminium door sills today will get pics in the morning also got some chrome indicator bulbs so they will be going in either the front or back in the morning

yeah cheers for the sills kenny it`s one of them jobs i`ve wanted to do for ages but not important so haven`t done it i`ll get some pics up in the morning only took 5 mins to do aswell

not got on with the front very well today weather was too windy and kept blowing the two bits apart it has to be done this week though otherwise it won`t be ready for ists however i do have another plan if i don`t get it done albeit temporary next update will be wednesday if the weathers nice in the morning i will be spraying the grill strips and jdm mirrors gloss black just need to pick up some laquer for them tomorrow also just ordered a new areil, exhaust trim and should hopefully be getting some chrome styling strip to go underneath the side windows soon

also once i have the jdm bumper sorted i will be looking to mod the standard bumpers so i have two sets to change as i please or ready for if/when i get another k12 because i want another one to drive whilst i do work on this just need to get space for it this will also mean i can go a lot further with this one engine wise

woohoo i`ve finaly got the exhaust temporarily sorted with a 3" chrome trim looks the part though standard front splitter will be coming off in the morning and the new one hopefully testfitted and moulded on wed depending how long i have to be at nissan for

now for the sad bit much as i love the micra i`m considering putting it back to standard and getting rid of it for something slightly more powerful and a lot rarer but then i work on this one and want to see it finished opinions anyone ???

Cool looking car dude. I say keep it after all the effort you put in. Where did you get that strut brace dude? And one more thing them mirrors are off a Nissan Cube :blues::blues:

strut brace came from japan the mirrors as far as i`m aware are from a march at least thats what i was sold them as and the fit perfectly so i`m not that bothered wiring is no difficulty for me

i`m really tempeted to keep this one and finish it off but i want a cube and haven`t got the space for both

right i may well be getting rid soon but thats not stopping me modding new exhaust trim and new ariel the shark fin has finally gone if anyone wants it they can gladly have it for cost of postage

pics

Attachments

• last update 024.JPG
    last update 024.JPG
    627.7 KB · Views: 477
  • last update 025.JPG
    last update 025.JPG
    655.2 KB · Views: 417
  • last update 026.JPG
    last update 026.JPG
    787.3 KB · Views: 511
  • last update 027.JPG
    last update 027.JPG
    781.3 KB · Views: 452
Yeah nevermind then, thanks anyway.

no problem

right quick update as not got pics yet have detailed all the tyres ready for ists and noticed i will need new ones soon so will be running on toyo`s soon maybe new alloys aswell i`m undecided

seeing as i`m not changing the car now i will be able to get a quote whilst at the show to get the jdm bumper sorted the back bumper fitted properly and maybe something diffrent with the bonnet as it`s going to be needed but thats a story for another thread me thinks as i need a little advice

should be cleaning the interior tomorrow fitting a voltmeter and prehaps 7" screen for a slight race look on thursday then finally wash and polished on friday

so should be plenty of pics to come soon

brakes arrived today caliper paint is ordered wheels and tyres i have to wait for but i no what i`m going for at the moment i`m trying to get the bodywork sorted :D so hopefully if i get some good weather tomorrow the mirrors should be sanded and primed along with the standard rear bumper for a bit of modifying and my 3rd side light on the rear should be fitted

well rain stopped play as usual i did manage to get the 3rd side light fitted then whilst wiring it up blew the fuse so had most of the front end to bits to change the fuse
pics to come once it`s dark

little update on the front bumper it is now in one piece and fully openmouthed just want to add some more reinforcement to the back now it`s off the car then it`s back on to add the splitter and fill the gap in then off again for final finishing then off to paint and then will be fittd probably begining of july when i have a week off along with the alarm manifold heatsheild and inlet manifold rear trim removed and ice install sorted money allowing think i`ve got the new wheels sorted so pics of them on friday i think anyway the pics

Attachments

• front bumper 001.JPG
    front bumper 001.JPG
    678.5 KB · Views: 385
  • front bumper 002.JPG
    front bumper 002.JPG
    707.3 KB · Views: 383
  • front bumper 003.JPG
    front bumper 003.JPG
    687.6 KB · Views: 369
  • front bumper 004.JPG
    front bumper 004.JPG
    670.9 KB · Views: 406
by special request by mr jim bling these are the new wheels i should have in my posesion soon will upload more pics when there on

Attachments

• new wheels mmm.jpg
    new wheels mmm.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 442
:) :) :)
now for the technical bit
17" x 7" momo corse black +42 offset
205/40/17 bct s800 tyres
an now for the pics

Attachments

• momo 001.JPG
    momo 001.JPG
    859.1 KB · Views: 486
  • momo 002.JPG
    momo 002.JPG
    893 KB · Views: 436
  • momo 003.JPG
    momo 003.JPG
    895.1 KB · Views: 394
  • momo 004.JPG
    momo 004.JPG
    825.3 KB · Views: 432
thanks all for the kind comments the tyre pressures need a little tweek after driving it to work and back today and it will be lowered as soon as mot insurance and tax are payed up i will get some better pics up soon all i can say though is the grip is immense, the ride is slightly harder not really noticable though the car isn`t working as hard now which can only be good and from 200m away you can still see the lip gleaming so overall :D

no there now btc tyres anything you can do with that one ???
just been away from the car for 5 days then came back and i still think i got the wheel choice right not going to be much of an update for the next month hopefully i`ll be able to finish off installing the vibe front speakers and get started on the custom front door cards this weekend thats going to be all because it`s that time of year tax mot and insurance due hopefully i`ll come out with enough money to have the exhaust done properly then it`s time to get the jdm/scm front bumper sprayed and on and save up for some lowering kit which is going to cost a bit

r504vcs cheers mate i`m pleased with it originally it was going for sleeper look but thats kinda gone now i`m happy with how it is just need to finish off the bits now then i may get a nice photo shoot with it

just checked the wheel nuts all still torqued up nicely after some hard driving love it may have a update tomorrow if the weathers on my side oh and i`ve just ordered some chrome wheel nut covers so should finish it off nicely

i`m unsure about this at the moment so i`ve only done one side included a pic of both sides one done one not opinions please

oh and i should have a little package coming from japland soon ready to be fitted after the mot

Attachments

• bee`s party and gold caliper 011.JPG
    bee`s party and gold caliper 011.JPG
    728.1 KB · Views: 383
  • bee`s party and gold caliper 012.JPG
    bee`s party and gold caliper 012.JPG
    694 KB · Views: 359
Back