• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

my micra, the phoenix

importplates001.jpg

New import size plates arrived today road legal ones sent off the documents so should be ok and not have any trouble from the police or at mot time

will be taking bumpers in next week to get them sorted and sprayed should be fitted end of feb when i`ve got a week off and plenty of time to do them i am leaving the smooth boot and wide arches for now as i want to work on the audio side of things to have something to show at ISTS show

i like it mate think it will look better with all the badges gone and the jdm bumpers on i have the angel eye fog lights on my car atm and my car gets quite a few looks and i no you like the stickers but if you lose them i think it will look a load better as well

sunstrips going tomorrow as are most the back stickers will remove the micra and sport+ badges not sure about the nissan ones yet can`t wait to get the bumpers on they should be going in tommorow to be sorted hopefully

good on you keeping the correct spacing. People who misrepresent their plates boil my blood. They *know* they are doing wrong, then have the outright audacity to complain about it when they fined.

good on you keeping the correct spacing. People who misrepresent their plates boil my blood. They *know* they are doing wrong, then have the outright audacity to complain about it when they fined.

cheers mate i did used to have them spaced incorrectly and did get pulled for it i was lucky enough to get away without a fine so only have the legal ones on now

little update the bumpers have gone in to be sorted out today got to ring them in the morning with the colour code as i wasn`t in my car pics will be up when i get them back (Y)

kenny this one`s for you mate

back bumper is back been painted just waiting to fit the mesh and fit it front bumper is as it was so that will be being sorted in a couple of weeks when i`ve got the time to sort it just a small update for mr jim_bling aka kenny and i agree with you mate looks so much smoother now well i`ll let the pictures do the rest

newupdate002.jpg

newupdate001.jpg

looks like a punk rocker with that shark fin aerial...

the aerial may be getting changed soon or smoothed i`m not sure yet i`m not happy with it though

small update still needs some fettling for the sides to sit right but need two people to do that bit and am the only one in at the moment i`ll let the pictures explain

needsnewexhaust001.jpg

needsnewexhaust002.jpg

needsnewexhaust003.jpg

good work looks a really good fit and courlor match! :) just needs twin exhausts now to fill the holes ;)
the fit ain`t perfect on it needs a bit more work but i`ve gotta go work in a bit so left it as is for now i will sort it properly next week when i`m on holiday from work

twin exhaust`s did i hear i`m way ahead of you mate gotta wait for payday/ next payday and having a custom cat back made it`s already planned out

time to debadge it me thinks

i think 3.5 inch or 4 inch would be best. i had 3 inch on a previous car just wouldn't fill that gap you've got.

Yeh i didnt want to sound mean about the shark fin, it looks a bit naff i think a colour matched or black beesting would set it off better.

de=badge is defo a must! Love watching this car develop. Please post the quotes you get for a custom cat back im looking for a similar thing but not twin'd

i think 3.5 inch or 4 inch would be best. i had 3 inch on a previous car just wouldn't fill that gap you've got.

Yeh i didnt want to sound mean about the shark fin, it looks a bit naff i think a colour matched or black beesting would set it off better.

de=badge is defo a must! Love watching this car develop. Please post the quotes you get for a custom cat back im looking for a similar thing but not twin'd

the micra and sport+ badges are now gone looks loads better i will post up the quotes for the cat back however if your only looking for something better that follows the standard route you can now get a devil exhaust i think it is from potn that would probably be easier

can`t wait till next week to get the new front bumper done this will probably shock a few people

last week i needed to decide weather to go for new alloys or exhaust next now i know it`s deffinately gotta be the exhaust it just don`t look right with the standard one

What would be good if you can get your hands on a pair, New Civic shape Triangular Tips. Might look alright I reckon.

dragonmaster......dear sir, it may have come to your nitice that certain parts have been deposited at my current abode.......

i have them in a box and have just recieved paint.
if the weather stays as it is they should noth be done for you by monday and posted tuesday.

pm for paypal addy matey

What would be good if you can get your hands on a pair, New Civic shape Triangular Tips. Might look alright I reckon.

hmmm that could be very interesting may have to search ebay however i am thinking some large ovals at the moment

dragonmaster......dear sir, it may have come to your nitice that certain parts have been deposited at my current abode.......

i have them in a box and have just recieved paint.
if the weather stays as it is they should noth be done for you by monday and posted tuesday.

pm for paypal addy matey

ant your a legend mate will pm you now it will be good to do a bit of work in the engine bay

your exhaust mock up dude... straight pipe, heatwrapped all the way down from the manifold, splitting into two outlets in the middle of the bumper and a BTCC style tow hook..

enjoy..:upside:

Attachments

• needsnewexhaust003.jpg
    needsnewexhaust003.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 565
your exhaust mock up dude... straight pipe, heatwrapped all the way down from the manifold, splitting into two outlets in the middle of the bumper and a BTCC style tow hook..

enjoy..:upside:

that looks quite good mate and i do need to move the tow hook any ideas where i can get one of that style from one problem with it straight from the mani back it would mean no cat or silencers hmm could be good grr

or you could have a silencer... but i dont understand why people put them at the back???

why not have a long thin one in the middle and just run pipe to where ever you want?

hmmm good point could keep the cat add a silencer that splits it into two where the standard front one is at the moment and then run each pipe whereever hmm too much to think about at the moment got a couple of weeks before i`m getting it done anyway

those devil exhausts are for the 1.2 & 1.4...ive got a 160sr :( wont fit so its looking like its gunna be custom.

Cant wait to see the next set of piccys! Never fails to disappoint

or you could have a silencer... but i dont understand why people put them at the back???

why not have a long thin one in the middle and just run pipe to where ever you want?

i back box is a silancer o_O people put them at the back on some cars because there not engough space to house a big big silancer in the exhaust channel...

all you need is cat back without silancer (silancers cost alot at custom exhaust places :S) so its also a cheaper option without. you will still have your cat/cats in place and a back box so it shouldnt be to loud.

by the looks of things a back box wont fit with that bumper :( so it might have to have its tip lenghthed so it comes out the bumper if you get me? lol

hopefully i`ll be getting a day on it tuesday so it`s ready for paint i can take it in on wednesday for paint and should have it back by next monday at the latest so fitted two weeks time roughly depending on when i go to get the exhaust done and my other little project which i think only ant knows about

yea looks smoother without the stickers mate and there is some really nice plans happening here. As rimski said lose the sharks fin get it smoothed. Im gona get mine smoothed as well as my door locks. keep it up though will be keeping my eye on this as i think its the only k12 that is having quite a few mods done to it on here

yup, just me...

just need to finish the big plastic bit matey. some lacquer and its done.

wont give too much away..

:( bad times people

was going to sort out the front bumper today checked the forcast and rain was due so thought i`d try and go get a backbox ready went to halfords in the next town couldn`t see anything i like so came home and thought i`d try and mod the front mudflaps i bought ages ago so they fit around the sideskirts just started to do the first one and the knife slipped taking a slice of my thumb with it about three hours later i`ve got it strapped up with three "paper stitches" in it thats put me out of action for anymore work on the car for the rest of the week i just hope ant`s got some nice piccys to cheer me up (Y)

oww nasty pete mate hope you get better soon fella and get straight back on with the car its always the same though mate you plan something and there is something to stop you

cheers kenny luckily i`m working for the next 5 days so hopefully it will be healed by then an i can get on until then i guess i`ll just be ordering bits

right small update but no pics i`ll get some in the morning my hand was feeling better so i strapped it up and went out to try and get the front bumper sorted thinking i`d have plenty of time in the 5 hours i had to get the job done

ha how wrong i was started well till i tried to remove the archliners to get at the bolts joining the bumper to the wing i`d have rather removed the bumper and both wings the amount of trouble it took how many hidden clips did nissan want to put in them then there was a hidden bolt that the manual didn`t tell me about finally got the old one off just as it was getting dark so my car is currently sitting with no bumper indicators or foglights on it looks quite nice

oh and i noticed a dent in the drivers door today small but still noticeable :grrr

hmm new mod dechromed indicator grills now i`m gonna fill in the gap where the chrome came out from but what colour does anyone think ??

i`m thinking either bodycoloured or gloss black like the mesh although i`m tempted to leave the rad on show you`ll see what i mean when i get pics in the morning so silver is also an option

Attachments

• grilles 001.jpg
    grilles 001.jpg
    679.5 KB · Views: 491
the one you`ve been waiting for the jdm bumper is on currently in two pieces and half open mouthed but should have that sorted in a couple of days now for some pics

Attachments

• jdm 001.jpg
    jdm 001.jpg
    516.1 KB · Views: 442
  • jdm 002.jpg
    jdm 002.jpg
    448.2 KB · Views: 471
  • jdm 003.JPG
    jdm 003.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 429
Back