• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My long promised blog

I forgot to update you all on the whole premises thing.
So here you are
Right last meeting was to go over the little bits and fine tune my plan.

I now have a rough date too. We're expecting it to be around February so it should be ready just in time for the track day weekender that's planned.

Its still not a guarantee but everything looks promising and now alot of work on my part in those next 3 months. I look forward to it. As hopefully will you all. Of course you're all invited down/up/left/right wherever you are, anytime once its open :D

Well, what is your new business plan? More direct focus on motorsport?
I'm confused too ngl.
Going down a few more routes to widen my options.
Need a larger place too.
Turning too much work away and there's only so many cars that want to be rally spec
More track focused next year

OPINIONS REQUIRED
Genuinely dont know what to do here.
I'm all game for making a proper turbo manifold for my other ga.
I even prototyped a mount so I could move the alternator to replace the pas pump. And reduce my belts to one rather than 2 and lathing the pulley down

Anyway... I decided I can't be bothered... if I top mount my turbo, to save effort, it'd poke out my bonnet.

Here it is:

Do I or Don't I have a turbo poking out the bonnet?

OPINIONS REQUIRED
I even prototyped a mount so I could move the alternator to replace the pas pump. And reduce my belts to one rather than 2 and lathing the pulley down

Anyway... I decided I can't be bothered... if I top mount my turbo, to save effort, it'd poke out my bonnet.

Here it is:

Do you have a spare bonnet and are you ok with it not being road legal. If yes to both go for it.

OPINIONS REQUIRED

Here it is:

F*ck yesss!
Scrutineers may want a heat shield though...

And oh ok, bigger premises, more cars. But more staff also?

F*ck yesss!
Scrutineers may want a heat shield though...

And oh ok, bigger premises, more cars. But more staff also?
Well the place I have can't fit much in so when people come for track day tweaks or rally prep I haven't got space and turn them away :( that's my biggest pitfall

Do you have a spare bonnet and are you ok with it not being road legal. If yes to both go for it.
Aye I thought of road legalities and thought of the usual bonnet vent to cover it if necessary

Nissanubaru hasn't even got a bonnet so I doubt I have a spare :p

Aye I thought of road legalities and thought of the usual bonnet vent to cover it if necessary

Nissanubaru hasn't even got a bonnet so I doubt I have a spare :p

im after a new bonnet but may be after xmas before i get one, but if your in no rush for it im more than happy to donate one for experiments?

I did a headlight wiring loom in a field, hope that qualifies me for an interview in the unlikely event I get canned ;)

Once, I swept the floor, without setting ANYTHING on fire

*wink wink*

'Sent from my bed using paper planes'

I left a 150l vat of wax on a wax injection machine warm up with the drain valve open... came back to literally an inch thick sea of wax on the floor... took fookin aaaaages to clear up with a scraper, chisel and hammer :(

I left a 150l vat of wax on a wax injection machine warm up with the drain valve open... came back to literally an inch thick sea of wax on the floor... took fookin aaaaages to clear up with a scraper, chisel and hammer :(

Not sure if yours is worst or not... I did spill the oil in basically a brand new MOT Bay. Oh well, I still work there so all is good

Because you've allready done yours did you remember the angles of the roll bar you done?

ma4ajysa.jpg

I can soon measure em :) @pork
But they definitely add to 270 each side
To get it in the back you've gotta take 10 or 25mm off either side it'll fit through the boot opening :)

If ya don't mind,

There's a place that hires a compressor from me who owes me a favour and has proper tube bender

If ya don't mind,

There's a place that hires a compressor from me who owes me a favour and has proper tube bender
Not a bad idea. The one that did my rollbar cost 4 figures

I'll have em written down but I think it was 120 and 150

The rears :)
Didn't see this either sorry Neil
My rears are mounted on a crossbeam between my 2 struts. Keeps the legs perpendicular to the roll bar therefore stronger :)

1385511051412.jpg

I keep photos of my builds for my personal portfolio I don't post everything here. I'll be more than happy to share if necessary to help you out :)

Back