• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Lil' Chicken

I'm not sure anyone will care but this is my car, I'm not big on none HGV's (Heavy German vehicles), but i was forced to get a small car for work my girlfriend drives the "Family" C-class Merc. The grin factor of my hatchback years is well and truly back in business.

Bits added on so far, Greenstuff pads, Fox alloys with 195/45/15 Uniroyals, Sparco Strut Brace.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb31/Flozman/DSC00746.jpg
Chrome door sills, Rev counter, Sparco Gearknob.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb31/Flozman/DSC00748.jpg
Alpine Head unit, Kenwood EQ,

JBL 6.5inch components 80rms each, Veita 85rms 6x9, 4 x 80rms Mutant amp,
Infinity BASSLINK X D-class (Seriously underated)

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb31/Flozman/DSC00751.jpg
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb31/Flozman/DSC00750.jpg

Images too big - 800x600 maximum

Thanks Dani, wish i had a rev counter in the dash like yours!

By the way im after a ricer bean can and a set of Whiteline rollbars, if anyone has these items, shout me a holla dog or just email me...

Yea think Im one of the lucky ones. Wish i could get some alloys sorted out for mine :( gotta wait til Jan for the next student loan.

Well i got mine off ebay for 60 squid, i might wack some new rubber on them after xmas but when you live 20 minutes away from the cheapest tyre shop in the UK its not really an issue.

I'm going make an effort to get the suspension perky next and then the engine. I aint interested what the thing looks like from the outside really id just feel like a nob with a bodykit im not 17 anymore ya know.*geek*

Cheers Mate, camera phone photo makes the old dog shine!

In total contradiction to my previous statement i bought this beut off Nikki aka Micrafish, in my defense it's not a aftermarket part!

100_2334.jpg

New tyres in the morning...goody. 195/45/15 FALKEN ZE512's the old ones are well past there sell by date and the tread is ugly.

And im traveling to halfords for some wet n dry and Red spray for the spoiler.

Might do the body coloring while im at it.

Dunno why but i'm thinking i may have to buy some locking wheel nuts id hate to wake up to this, notice the "ape like figure"? this is why i kept a close eye on events.
DSC00760.jpg

evolution.gif

I know some might disagree but i think Falken makes one of the best tyres money can buy right now as a former tyre fitter i have played with a fair amount of rubber, the sidewalls are very stiff, something lacking in most of these "sports" tyres, okay Pilot Sports are still the best by far but i dont have 300 quid to blow every six months.
ZE-512-L.gif

180 bob fitted + 20 for tracking.

I have also made start on prepping the the new spoiler on the dinning room table with wet n dry.
DSC00762.jpg

This is it after one coat of red primer, i have to remain patient as i have a history of bad paint jobs mostly due to a random pubic hair etching itself into the lacquer or the dreaded runs.
DSC00761.jpg

hey floz, i've also recently brought myself the same type spoiler and i'm at the same prep stage as urs and i'm also 25 too hehe

the amount of time n detailing in prepping, cleaning, priming is just pushing my patience. just painted n sanded it few mins ago, looks mint

don't think i have enough laquer so'll get a big can first thing tomorrow.

looking good. i had those falkens on my old corolla. they are indeed impressive boots.
lmao at the "ape like figure".
keep up the good work

Got my old car back this week, it was a minter when i sold it.

Problems are,

Clutch slipping
Rust on Crossmember and round boot lock.
Worn Anti roll bar bush's
Worn shocks
Dents in bonnet
Scratches on every panel
Faded Paint
Drivers doors Dropped
Offside Headlight is dim
revcounter is not working
Hasnt had a service in a year
Exhaust sheild is rattling
Rear wiper motor is Dead
Central locking key fob is broken
Door locks are almost seized

I really wanted to smack my brother in law when i asked him why the car was in such a state he said "It's only a Micra" I really shouldnt take on another money pit but i feel like its my fault and the credit card has been fully abused today.

welcome back then dude hope you get the motor up and running to its former glory i hate when people hate on micras bet he drives a bmw

Back