• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My K11 Thread

Hi great to be back I have just bought two new micra's for £220 after I eventually broke my old one for parts.i have bought a blue one which currently has an automatic gearbox in and a green one to be used as a donor car and am planning to do a manual conversion and I can't complain as it was really cheap and the sills are solid,anyway here's a few pics :).
image_zpse8a9e5b9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image_zps5ff20c8d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Yeah it's gonna take a while to prep and have got lots of parts ready to go on and should definatly make a hole in my pocket and will try and get more pictures uploaded at some point.want it to look similar to this once finished
image.jpg

Finally managed to upload more photos to keep my thread up to date I have had the parts that I needed for the conversion taken out of the green k11 and had sold what was left of the engine for £60.
096_zps943fc7ee.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
098_zpsdc24ef9f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I then scrapped the rest of the car for £30 as I needed it gone
125_zps17529bfc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I fitted the fog lights from the green k11 to my blue k11 with the stalk and relay etc.
246_zps771e6152.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I had also bought backbox for £30 and fitted it but am planning to replace the whole system at some point as the backbox is too loud and the rest of the system is rusty and rotten.
103_zps237b53bb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
As you can see from the picture its just a straight piece of pipe hence why it is so loud.
I have also bought a new clutch,bottom arm and gearbox oil which cost me £107.
228_zpscae3b32d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I then needed some track rod ends which I bought for £23 for the pair...this was quite expensive but was in a rush to get it done I then took apart the dashboard as I needed to do it to drill a hole for the clutch cable...I bought a peice for the clutch cable which was missing but only cost me £2 at the scrapyard...now most of the car is back together although now its decided not to start but I think it is because I need to change some of the wires that go to the box as they are different on a manual so shouldn't be too long until the conversion is finished...I had a lot of help from my brother to do this and now we have got this far I just wished I had bought a manual lol...I have more pictures to come soon including a few pictures of my new fine performance rear strut brace and a few other goodies:)

Ok it's been a while since Iv posted and decided I would start a big update so hope you enjoy :)Ok so here's what's been done so far and parts that i have bought:
  • Had the 5" backbox/pipe fitted
  • Fine performance rear strut brace fitted
  • Car was then given a good clean
  • Nismo steering wheel fitted
  • Metal gear knob fitted
  • 35mm springs fitted
  • Standard headlights sprayed black then replaced with facelift facelift front lights sprayed black
  • Crossmember was rotten so got it cut out and a new one welded in
  • Took the 5" backbox/pipe off then replaced with a 4" cobra backbox
  • Willans 3" harnesses bought and have plans to get them fitted with my bucket seat at some point
  • Standard rear lights replaced with facelift facelift ones
  • Bought a spare rocker cover which has now been soda blasted and is now ready for a lick of paint
  • Bought a silver centre console which has now been fitted
  • Bought a set of corbeau seats and a wrap around spoiler (both will soon be up for sale)
  • Sparco evo bucket seat bought with plans to get it fitted with the willans harnesses
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Last edited:
Also a big thanks to squarepants and swiper for helping me with some of the work,another update should come tomorrow as I have bought some jdm nissan march parts and more :);)

Unless your MOT tester turns a blind eye, be prepared to fail on the fact that the factory fitted airbag has been removed and the airbag light is inoperable/removed. They tightened up on things after March 2014.

You'd get away with an advisory then, now it's likely a straight fail.

Unless your MOT tester turns a blind eye, be prepared to fail on the fact that the factory fitted airbag has been removed and the airbag light is inoperable/removed. They tightened up on things after March 2014.

You'd get away with an advisory then, now it's likely a straight fail.
Got a super s wheel coming for it with no airbag just got to hope they turn a blind eye :)

Back