• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My K11 thread

Hey guys, recently bought a k11 s on a x reg, very nice to drive compared to my 70's beetle lol

i plan on updating it when i get some spare time but here is a little taster of whats to come

at the moment the car sits like this

I got to try and g3 the scratches out of it as the little old lady who owned it looks like she took a brillo pad to the bonnet and some other areas of the car

I have a mental sound system to go in that i started to gather for my previous car, here is a video of the guy who built my box giving it a test its got 2 B2 audio 8's subs that will be running of a ground zero 900w amp with a sound controller and some comp speakers up front (been waiting 6 months to use this!!)

i plan on getting a alarm fitted, and looking at a running issue i have in my previous post....

Hope you guys enjoy :)

Thanks

Welcome, watch you don't weigh it down too much with that sound system ;) should sound awesome though.

Ok its been a while, finally got the stereo in, here is some photos, never took build photos because i just wanted the job done :p

Also trying a set of wheels just put it next to the car, could work tho :p

I have also ordered a set of wind/rain deflectors of ebay so they will be going on soon..

Thanks for looking guys

Actually, with modern CNC machining and fine tolerances, every engine is near identical ignoring wear...

Does all the extra weight make it go faster? ;)
Its a 1.0 micra.... slow as anything compared to my beetle... just nice to drive. I cruise in it. Love the petrol saving.

And yeah im really happy with how the sub box fitted for 2 8 inch subs sounds like I have got a 15" in the boot. But its got all round sound quality. Got some other little things for it but you can only do so much to a micra...

Sky is the limit my friend

Have a look at some other blogs, @pollyp and @SirChris blog for some inspiration ;)
I shall have a look. But its personal taste at the end of the day in my eyes the micra is a cheap reliable run around. Im sure there are subtle mods you can do to it . I might try a few. I don't want my car to stick out as I quite like having a discreet car. Im sure I will update this when I get some spare time to my self :) thanks guys

1377776907375.jpg

That was my old car for refrence ahah im sure the micra will get my touch on it

Time to update it!

got bored of the 2 8" subs so put a 15" earthquake in a custom box
Got the windows tinted
debadged the back and put some pressed plates on
LED sidelights/number plate lights
And changed the 14 year old cabin filter! heaters work proper now!

Back