My girlfriends micra

JakeD

Site Supporter
Hi,

I originally registered with this club as I intended to carry out some work on my girlfriends Micra. Unfortunately, now i've finished uni and have time to work on it, she wants to sell it. This is not a for sale thread (as I realise I need to be a full member for that), I just wanted to see how much it might be worth, whether anyone here might be interested, in which case I will quite happily become a full member in order to sell it.

I hope I havn't intruded on the wrong forum, but I could not post on the for sale one (due to not being a full member). I'm very wary of sounding like i'm trying to sell it without being a full member, this is not my intention at all, so if I am out of place just say! :glance:

I will try to get a pic, but my camera's in my car (which she has today, as i'm sorting hers out ready to sell.....if that makes any sense). Plus i'm wary that this probably doesn't belong in the general forum. But basically, its a 1994 super s which as had some work done on it. It has fox alloys, uprated suspension (i'm not sure what, as it was done before she bought the car) which coupled with the 15's means it handles like its on rails! Its got a front strut brace, half leather interior (which I think came from a rover), delocked, toad (I think) alarm. Bodywork not great condition.

Tbh, everything on/in it is probably worth more to someone than the car itself. My gf (who has no idea about cars) just liked it and bought it about 4 years ago. She's had stuff fixed when it needs doing, but has never had it serviced etc. I've made sure oil and water is always ok (but i've only known her for part of the time she's owned the car). I'll be honest, its a credit to Nissan because she's never had a problem with the engine, its absolutely bullet proof. Anyway, i'll see what I can do pic wise.

Again, i'm not trying to sell it in this thread, I just want to see if there might be interest, in which case i'll become a fully paid up member, and sort out a proper advert etc. If not, i'll wack it on ebay and see what I can get for it!

Can you tell us any more? Like milage, or what exactly is wrong with the body work etc, what are the sills and crossmember like. Does the timing chain rattle?

Pic's will be great if you can mange them, but these questions will probably still be asked!! :)

as said more info will help people give values, also have you thought about returning the car to standard?

you'll get more money selling a standard car and mods separate.

could be a problem if you don't have the standard parts to go back on though.

oh, and welcome to the msc :)

Thanks very much for your quick responses. Unfortunately I have none of the stuff to return it to standard, my girlfriend bought it exactly how it is. I think the previous owner had big plans for it, but turned his attention to something else. It has (I think) about 9 months MOT, 3 months tax, done about 100k. I dont really have the time or space to do anything with it, I've just bought myself a new car and she's having my old one, so we cant really have 3 cars. I see it as (hopefully) a bit of cash towards my new car. I'll get some pics as soon as I can.

where are u located please?

i was going to ask about a rough price but i wont because of the "member and selling issue"!!!!
colour?

thanks and sorry

If I wanted to put pics up of the car, what sort of membership would I need to buy? Would bronze be ok, and if so will I become a member immediately, ie. be able to put pics etc up now?

Bronze would be fine, and you would receive access immediately :)

I just signed up for gold membership and paid through paypal, but it still wont allow me to post something in the buy and sell forum? What am I doing wrong :down:

I have a bronze payment from you for £10, however the forum should change your forum account.

If it doesn't shortly, we'll manually change it.

thanks
Kev

Ok, thankyou. Nothing yet, but these things take time. I'll try again in the for sale forum tomorrow, but for now if anyone's interested in the car, i've posted some pics in my vBGarage. I just clicked on garage and the pics were there in latest activity. I'm hope one of your members may be interested in it, its a great little car.

vbgarage.php

It has rear drums (therefore no abs i'm guessing). I have put as much info as I can in the for sale section, with more pics to follow once i've collected my camera. Cheers all.

Back