Monster driving nicer..

cisco

» CMF Member
Today the car had this done to it:
- Camber reduced from a street crazy 1.5degneg down to 1.0degneg. Results: Much better traction in 2nd gear, but in this cold air I can still get it to spin under full throttle, but it really shoots off much harder now, its pretty grippy. Braking is also more forceful with more contact area from the tyres. Cornering is still nice, obviously wouldn't be as good as with 1.5degneg, but I can put the power down better, and it still corners like on rails, so its a great compromise for me.
- New RDA ventilated front rotors installed with QFM pads. Oh no more shudder!!! Brakes like a dream. I didn't realise how screwed up my brakes were. Its just beautiful to hit your brake pedal and have them pull up hard but also SMOOTHLY. Over the moon with this change. Have kept the old EBC pads and slotted DBA discs for any potential track visits in the future.
- Old wheel lock nuts removed because the key got lost. So getting new locknuts tomorrow. (Running 3 nuts per wheel for now hah)
- Investigation of sticky wheel alignment problem. Confirmed to be the top joints in the aftermarket Japanese coil over struts. Now I have to email and ask the Japanese guy about them. They are just a bit too tight, and need pulling apart and greasing or lubing etc.

Overall, car feeling and driving oh so much better.

I think when its not -5 degrees temperature any more, 2nd gear will just almost be perfect not spinning at all. Its just on the edge, I think the crisp fresh cold air is just tipping it over into breaking traction.

Shouldn't need to spend such chunks of money on the car now for a while :) Time for a break. I think that's about it honestly for a little while. Am going to postpone the visit to getting the no-seats engineered until the battery is relocated.

Back