FOR SALE: Blue Monster

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah guys, seriously this time. The time has come.

Full details of the car and all its modifications here:
http://www.micra.com.au/blue-monster.php

If you follow the micra scene you will know everything has been done perfectly and properly on this car. Nothing is cheap, nothing is a hack job, its all the best gear, serviced religiously, absolutely well looked after. Its a really unique car. Super Power, Super Brakes, Super Handling, Super practical and convenient cargo area. Immaculate interior, immaculate exterior (paint was fully resprayed about 3 years ago). I have kept a full service history of everything done and all maintenance since I've owned the car (approx 3 years).

I want it to go to a very good home and for someone to get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

The car is running perfectly and no money needs to be spent on anything. Its driving so superbly now, I just love it. I am selling due to other commitments and just want it to go to a good home and give someone some serious enjoyment.

This is such a high performance street car that you could race it with a CAMS license and kick arse if you wanted to - and if you don't want to race, then its a smooth, practical FAST street car. It is virtually unstoppable on the street against most cars including most modified cars!

The car is fully legally engineered and street legal. Its currently registered in the ACT. I have HEAPS of receipts for most of the work done on the car.

I am open to offers via email. Please click on my name and send me a message if you are interested.

Attachments

• 19379.jpg
    19379.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 37

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Come on Cisco not again?? Please explain?? What are you going to replace it with that you will no as good as the Micra,And you no you will replace it.

For the money you will get it is better of parked up or stored somewhere,not sold of for a fraction and i mean a tiny amount of money blood sweat and tears.

CMF_jamm'n

» CMF Member
really??
really really????

geeez are you sure?... i hope you wake up in the morning and feel better and delete this.

if not then i'm sure someone will snatch her up really quick.
i been a passenger in "blue monster" and its soooooo quick.

Cisco i hope that you have a quick sale and that she goes to a good home, make sure that she does ok.

Sean, go visit the bank on monday and do your best.

cisco

» CMF Member
Hehe yep, its really definitely for sale now.

I'll always love the car. I've really been thinking about this for the past 3 months.

cisco

» CMF Member
Nah no babies at this stage.. Marriage? Gee must be getting close, but I am waiting for the girl to propose to the guy, isn't that the way it works?

Come on Tony, make me an offer and drive away in blue monster.

cisco

» CMF Member
Hehe nah.. I definitely won't be going anyway in terms of the site.

Attachments

• 19388.jpg
    19388.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 31

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
It might help to put up a breakdown of whats been spent on the car so you don't get any dreamers..

But I can tell everyone that over $40,000 has been spent on it

What will the new ride be? I'm thinking that you'd like either an EVO VII or an EVO VIII am I not right?

Sean

Attachments

• 19391.jpg
    19391.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 40

cisco

» CMF Member
Hmm yes breakdown of costs would be a good idea. I'll write up a better post later today then.

Mate, I'm just going to stick with the Fairmont for the short term as we only need one car. But sometime down the track (2 years or so), then anything's possible. Yes I love those EVOs Seano! But going to wait a bit.

Attachments

• 19392.jpg
    19392.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 44

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
I am back in oz now :)

So finally letting it go hey cisco..we've talked about this so many times and looks like times finally arrived..

good luck with it, Im considering parting with mine as well but we'll see what happens

Attachments

• 19399.jpg
    19399.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 31

cisco

» CMF Member
Nah, the mortgage is not changing by much because of the move..

I guess that's a bad way of describing it, its more "changing interests" or something. I'm going to get a fully sick 9Kg carbon fibre mountain bike again and do a lot more cycling. The main thing really is that the car is just sitting there most of the time, all week long I don't drive it, and I drive it once or twice on weekends. I've just evolved and aren't as interested as I used to be. But despite this, I still love the car. I would just rather see it being used and rather have the money for it if I'm not driving it much.

Yay welcome home aaron. You'll have to tell me all about the trip and photos!

I took some engine and interior pics, will post them up in a sec.

Attachments

• 19402.jpg
    19402.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 46

cisco

» CMF Member
Allright, here's a coupla pics I just took. Excuse the poor lighting, they don't look very vivid as its a very dim, overcast day!

Attachments

• 19403.jpg
    19403.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 33

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
I think at a guess,Probably around 14-18 Grand. It's a very hard car to price,We all no it's the best in the country and one of the best in the world, I would like to buy it but am a little to far into my own project. I new this was around the corner when you picked up that falcon,Is was just a matter of time.

Good luck will the sale Cisco,Even though i think you'll have big regret's later on.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
I'd say $20,000 is probably the scrape-the-bottom-of-the-barrel minimum offer that he'll consider. Hell I wouldn't even sell the car for that price, you'd have to remove the wheels etc... But thats just my opinion, such is the quality of this car. Its in a whole different league to all the other Micra's (forced or not) in Australia

If I could justify a loan that sizable at my age I'd pick it up tomorrow.

Good luck cisco, from experience though: Don't let it go ASAP for a ridiculous price. Hang around and you'll get what you want for it.

Sean

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah look 14 isn't even in the running - I would not give it away for that. I love the car and am still happy to keep and enjoy it until the right offer comes along.

But what I have seen to happen in the past is that potential buyers think about it for a while, but then a time will come when multiple people decide they want it, then you get multiple offers and sometimes they want to pay more than the other buyer just to get it.

That's exactly what happened when I bought blue monster off the previous owner. I said I didn't want the car for about 2 months because I had already started my own turbo project. Then I decided it would be heaps smarter and cheaper to get a massive headstart and big saving by buying the blue monster, but then this other dodgy guy was about to buy it and I realised there were no other cars the same, so if I didn't get it, it was going to cost me thousands more to do it all myself! So I offered a bit more than the other buyer and got it - only because he was also stuffing the seller around a fair bit too.
Phew..

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Completely off-topic, but what car are you going to get after the Monster to get around in? Obviously the Fairlane is too much of a goliath to nip down the shops in..

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
ohhh . finally decided to get part with it.
yes bit sad coz so much time spent on it. but you'll prob eventually come back with somethong bigger better faster smarter. if thats possible.
hope it goes to a good home.

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah sad because of all the time/blood/sweat/tears guys, but I have no regrets because the car (and my other 3 micras) taught me so much about mechanical/car related things its not funny. Before I had the second micra, I could only basically do oil changes and that was it. These cars have taken me through lots of phases of more and more difficult and interesting modification work. I've really enjoyed it. Learnt a heap, I consider it my home-DIY course in being a basic mechanic. So its money well spent when you learn things and have enjoyed it. No regrets.

The *cough* fairmont is just great at the moment. Its just big and comfortable and like a stupid yank tank. It skids out easily in the wet, but then the traction control kicks in haha. Yay fat gadgets. I'll get my cravings back soon enough, but I will be waiting about 2 years, and then I'll try something different perhaps like an EVO-VIII or similar.

For all you guys venturing into your own turbo projects, make sure you sit down and really do the sums of what its going to cost you if you do everything yourself, versus paying the upfront straight away for blue monster but then not having anything more to pay full stop. It can save you $20,000 in reality if you plan to build something as serious as blue monster doing it all yourself. There is so much stuffing around going to and from workshops for custom items that it is absolutely worth picking it up all completed in one healthy, proven, reliable package.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Your so right Cisco,About the cost of turboing! I have spent about 14 500 so far,And thats without any suspension,bigger brakes,or bottom end strengthening and i'm sure there's heaps more i missed.

My car is no where near as tidy inside,and i don't have a new paint job. Like i said if i hadn't gone so far into my own project i would consider buy the Monster. Good luck getting what your after,And lot's of happy motoring to the new owner.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
****e I was so lucky to run into Laurie at Rototech who did so much of the work for love and built most of the custom bits himself plus being a mechanic guru.From go to whoa I have obtained a little rocket for under $20k.

cisco

» CMF Member
White Knight WROTE:

"Someone buy it please. Its unique and deserves an owner who will love and cherish it.

Spot on.

I am talking to several interested parties now, I don't think its going to be in my garage for very long..

cisco

» CMF Member
Right now, the car is UNDER OFFER. I've accepted an official offer pending the transferring of funds.

Its not officially SOLD until actual cash/deposit has been received.

There are 5 seriously interested parties at this stage.

Attachments

• 19511.jpg
    19511.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 42

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Jeez...

If you don't mind me asking, is it staying in Canberra let alone Australia if the payment comes through?

Mate, when it comes to selling things you don't screw around! Well done

I'm 115% sure that the new owner will cr@p themselves when they hit boost and spin 2nd in the dry... :) God I'll miss this car!

Sean

Attachments

• 19512.jpg
    19512.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 35

CMF_rocket

» CMF Member
Great car you have there,shame it has to go, hope that you some fun in it and bet some big V8 etc, hope you got some good pictures and hope that the sale goes ok, will be good to see who the new owner could be, gool luck mate.

cisco

» CMF Member
Thanks guys..

Allright, I have now received an official deposit on the sale of the car.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Yeh buts lets say you were selling your car and I offered you $8,000 it and mentioned that I could get an AUs3 Fairmont Ghia on GAS for $10,000 implying that my offer was good because your car is bad value for money. I think you might be a little bit offended - I know I would be.

Anyway better move along before this morphs into something which doesn't smell very nice.

CMF_Gareth

» CMF Member
Wow, I am a little bit stunned to read this. But hey, Cisco, you have to do whats best for you and your family:). Although in my opinion, even if you recovered all the money, you will never replace the sentimental value:) I think that is why I will never sell mine (although the thought has crossed my mind a few times). Just one thing though. If you buy another car, please don't get another Micra:)

It truely is an awesome car, and an inspiration to every one who owns a turbo Micra, and probably those who don't (yet). Who ever buys it had better look after it, or they will have 1500+ people to answer too:)

Cheers mate.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Yeah spot on Gareth. Whoever buys it had better look after it otherwise the force will not be kind to them but I am sure the new owner will be a regular site member who knows what they are getting.

cisco

» CMF Member
Thanks guys.

Well full deposit received. Buyer coming to collect on Sunday, and the official hand-over and deal will take place.

So pretty much SOLD guys, just not quite completed yet.

I can't reveal the secret new owner, but maybe they will come out of the woodwork sometime not too far away. Or maybe they won't!

The car isn't going toooooo far away anyway, put it that way.

I have given the new owner the advice to use low boost until that feels slow, and then start practising on high boost hahaha. You get the power shakes with the foot to the floor on high boost you know!
The POWER SHAKES!!!

Have a good weekend.

Back