FOR SALE: Blue Monster

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
I must say congrats cisco. Its hard selling a car at the moment, especially a modified example. yet somehow you did it in record time. Shame you never got it out to a track day to. Would have been great being able to stretch its legs properly and give a few other other 'faster' cars a real asswhooping.

Too far away? New owner live in QLD by any chance...? That'll be no good if they do because I'll have to find different wheels to buy later this year LOL.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Maybe I am..I am looking at going down the N/A path. I would love to go down this path. I have a spare motor complete plus gearbox and between me and Errol I am sure we could build a screamer and shove it into a Micra.Pick up hopefully a Super S pretty cheap and give it a transplant.No way could I sell Hack ( read divorce).
I cannot afford 3 Micras so if I went down this path Whitey would have to go.
I am sure a non forced Micra taken to near the max would be a real killer.Mega revs,high compression with a completly re worked head,bottom end made bullet proof, high lift cams, fully blue printed motor, lightweight flywheel, etc. Ahh sounds like my old Cooper S days.Maybe bore it out a tad also.List is endless.
Am I mad??

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Slightly nutty, yes. Slight case of alzheimer's, yes. Mad? Not from my screen!

Depends on how much you'd sell the stump puller for I guess. Plus you have to find a decent super s first.

cisco

» CMF Member
Ok I don't own any micras any more.

Blue Monster has just been driven away by the new owner.

The car is officially SOLD.

Congrats to the new owner and many happy hours of powerful motoring. Engine brand new, suspension brand new, brakes brand new, its got a lot of life left in it.

Sad to see it go, but its a chapter I've seen to the end and the time is right for me to close that chapter off.

Its been great! And I am keeping the site going and will still be on here to just be a general non-micra owning commentator head, kinda like Yom before he bought his micra. Hahahaha. Sorry Yom.

Attachments

• 19671.jpg
    19671.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 38

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
White Knight WROTE:

"

The suspense is killing us all.

Actually it is providing a form of subtle amusement for me. Kinda like "are we there yet" but "who bought it... who bought it... who bought it.." etc

cisco WROTE:

" general non-micra owning commentator head, kinda like Yom before he bought his micra. Hahahaha. Sorry Yom.

Haha yes. Everyone needs a commentator.

CMF_jamm'n

» CMF Member
hahaha, well hello everyone in ordinary micra world.
i've just arrived home from picking up blue monster, so its just taken under an hour to drive from canberra to brisbane:p

jk's

lol

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Blue Monster is a Brissy car,:YES" thats great news! Or crap,now i'm going to have to spend a ****load more cash to be quick.

Congratulations Jammin you've got a very top car,Is it a secret what you payed?? Not trying to be rude or anything,Just wanting to no.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Congratulations on selling so soon cisco, although I must say I didn't expect it to be up for long before someone snapped it up. It is an absolute ROCKET for a bargain price. I know you'll spend the next few months or years regretting the sale..

If its anyone on the site please let us know, I'd be very interested to see who it was

Sean

cisco

» CMF Member
Yo yo.

You will all be familiar with the new owner, once they announce.
The new owner has been a site member for many years! Since the very early days.. The new owner came on a micra meet once also.

But its for the new owner to announce, its their fun and their surprise! I'll just say no more, no big deal, but I just don't want to spoil anyone's fun if they want to announce it on here without me letting any cats out of the bag heheheh. Yeah apologies, I know its silly to suppress who bought it. You'll find out very soon and go "hmm whoa! cool!".

I took him for a quick spin for about 20 minutes before he drove off. Gave a demo of the low/high boost button and the turbo timer. He has taken my detailed service history since owning the car, HEAPS of receipts and paperwork, engineer's cert, a massive large tub of spare parts and old factory parts, a micra sticker, an unopened Shell Helix Ultra 5W oil for next oil change, an oil filter for next oil change, a new set of spark plugs ready to go in any time.. Man, its like I packed my whole life in the car and it has all gone in one quick flash. But it really does suit me at the moment, no regrets at this stage, very happy and so is the new owner. It was kind of sad watching it drive off though, but I know he will have an absolute ball with it. How excitin for him though, only ever been in a turbo'd Lancer GSR a while ago, but never driven a turbocharged car. Imagine going from non-turbo everything straight into blue monster. It would be a real power rush. Hah!

The price is the new owner's business. They can tell if they want to and I won't mind at all. I am happy with the price, I got a good amount for the car that I am pleased with, and the new owner got a plethora of parts/effort/quality all in one package for a lot less than it would cost to do yourself. Towards the end, I had about 5 people making serious enquiries and making ballpark offers. A lot of the offers were in a similar range, and I basically said if you can beat the offers by a bit, it will mean an instant sale, rather than me negotiating and weaving with all these similar offers and working out when people can and can't get down here to see the car. So the buyer was serious and matched my asking offer and came and collected. I put 12 months rego on the car as part of the deal, because it was about to run out in August, and you don't really want to get this kind of car and have to go straight through the pits straight away after not really being familiar with it or anything just yet.

cisco

» CMF Member
Announcing Blue Monster's replacement.

The black and blue monster. Hopefully I won't turn black and blue by falling off it. Fitness is a new goal, I will have a lot more time on my hands now and am ultra keen to get seriously back into MTBing and rock up to some local XC races and put some pressure on the big guns. I am very very very unfit, but looking forward to the challenge of getting my fitness back to where it used to be. Actually, I had a health assessment through work recently and the instructor basically said "start doing something". I have been very slack for about 3 years now.

Its a 2006 model Giant XTC Composite hardtail. Weighs about 10Kg in current form. About 6 months old and hardly ridden. Picked it up for about $2000 below the brand new price that he paid. The owner was a bike mechanic and upgraded a couple of things. I am going to replace a few parts and get the bike down to around a silly 9Kg. You'll be able to pick the whole thing up in one hand and lift it above your head it will be that light.

Full carbon fibre frame, everything is ultra light. Carbon handle bar and seat post going on, lightest possible clipless pedals and see if I can find a lighter stem like a syncros titanium one or something. Should be able to scrap 0.5-1Kg in weight in replacing a few parts like that all at the same time.

Also probably going to get a free-ride style dual suspension thing just for kicks, and with only one car, will make a neat little mountain bike workshop in the new garage with all the tools and work stands etc to do absolutely everything on the bikes from home. I'll have to remember all that stuff again and brush up on the latest developments, but really looking forward to it.

This will probably be my last post about anything mechanical etc. As I don't have any micra related stuff any more. Allright, this is cisco signing off! But I'll still be around for a chat.

Attachments

• 19689.jpg
    19689.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 43

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Bah! Stacking it at high speed and breaking something is all part of the fun of riding a bike!!! :D

But yeh looking at it from another perspective now you have a falcon, a mountain bike and no micras. Your mates have no reason to question your masculinity now. :p

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
Good luck to the new owner.

Nice bike cisco, i got a similar awakening about my fitness a few weeks back. Haven't really done anything since high school which was 4 years ago, currently umming and arrring about getting a bike, cause i'll need some way to carry it on the car, wont fit inside,

Alex

CMF_K11SS

» CMF Member
sorry to be so rude and forward to u cisco and especialy in this time of jus losing such a big part of your life... though maybe with some of this spare time u could think back on bluey and put together some sort of write up on how to turbo the micra? very sorry to ask but well, u know well all loved bluey n sorry but i dont think blue monster will be the same without cisco... nevermind vice versa!

well all the best on the biking i know its alot of fun as i try to do some here in scotland too :)

good luck mate

CMF_domedeli

» CMF Member
It's time to end the speculation, I'm the new owner of the car. After many years of lusting after your turboed micras, I have finally decided to join the Dark Side.
Driving it home from Canberra was like nothing I've experienced before - to have so much power at your disposal, it is very addictive.
I don't have any plans for further modifications at the moment as pretty much everything has been replaced on the car, I'm just going to enjoy it.
Cisco I promise to take care of her to the best of my ability and keep you and the members on the site informed about her progress.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Congrats Dome. You have yourself one hell of a car and you were one of the original site members.A fitting home for Bluey.
Please keep us all updated on Bluey as it is very much part of this site and leads the way.
Gee I do not think you will have much trouble shifting your Super S. Looks great.
I fear Cisco has withdrawl symptoms already. That 1 manpower bike of his no match .

CMF_jamm'n

» CMF Member
wow, thats a big WOW!!!
I CAN'T imagin how amazing it would feel driving that car home and knowing that it was mine.
What a blast that would have been.
Well done Dome and congrats on the purchase of the monster.
i so wish it was me lol

cisco

» CMF Member
The engineer's cert is written by an ACT engineer, but it actually addresses (or is directed towards) specific ADRs. Which probably all states refer to for ensuring safe vehicles. So if the NSW RTA refer to the same ADRs (almost certain), then it should still hold fine.

But the best thing in NSW is that its such a much larger state, and there are a lot more possible ways to get your mate's mate to inspect it for you. Where as in the ACT, its such a geographically small state, they make you go only to the government pits for interstate transfers..

CMF_NeX

» CMF Member
gutted its gone Cisco,

i was looking forward to giving you a run for your money on my way to Japan but noooo you had to sell up :p

oh well i hope you buy some nice stuff, nothing soothes the pain of selling things like retail therapy lol,

that bike looks like a nice one, i prefer trials bikes but a good cross country bike is great to have :D

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
yeh wow... howd you even find a thread like this.... i wish i was around in the days of cisco and everyone with their turbo micras.... but if your still in sydney with the micra domedeli itd be great for everyone to see it again (or for the first time for noobs like me) hah

tris

CMF_maat

» CMF Member
deNs WROTE:

"Uhh.. quite a bump. Why wouldn't you just PM him with that message?<BR><BR>Interesting to read the whole thread though.<BR><BR>---dens

because i figured he mighten come on here often and someone might know him and pass the msg on after seeing the thread

Back