Misfiring problem when engine is up to temp

Hi all,

bought a micra about 3 weeks ago, good condition for its age,

been running it every week from then every day no problems.

went out yesterday engine started spluttering when it got up to temperature.
Had a look at it today, cleaned all the plugs up with WD40 and the spark plug.
Couldn't get the dizzy cap off as one the bolts was a complete bugger to get off so couldnt look in there.
recent searches online showed it could be a fuel filter, so went off and bought one of those, fitted that, still same problems with new FF.

Given up for today, searched online showed it could be sensors etc, or ECU problems, does a 1993 k11 lx 1.3 even have an ecu? - couldnt see one.

Lastly looked and it could be a throttle body which is a hefty price for a new one, half of the price i paid for the car!

All help is appreciated, if anyone else has had this problem before and fixed it , i'd love to know how you did it!

Thanks ,
Tom.

the ecu is near your left foot tom, and it should have an led behind a tiny hole in the side for diagnosis
what colour were the plugs ? post a pic :)

before i go wandering into my cold garage, what plugs would be best to take a pic of? spark one? or should i take a pic of complete engine etc? sorry im not that mechanical lol.

a pic of the plugs mate :) it might give us something to go on
and there are some threads on here to show how to run the diagnostic mode

If this happens once the engines hot only I'd put money on the coil in the dizzy failing.

If you have a spare or can borrow another that would be an option. Iv had 2 fail now with the same simptons your describing :)

i'll try get the dizzy off when my dad is next around and we will try that option, i dont have any spare though unfortunately, or any i can borrow , are you local to norfolk by anychance?

cheers for that massive bit of info frank, i'll have a look again next time at new years and report back. cheers guys for al your help so far!

I may have a throttle body for yours whooppee, if it turns out to be that give me a shout, it'll only be the few quid that I paid for it..... not the stupid prices you see sometimes.

ok im pretty sure its the TB, need to get hold of one quick, tried my local breakers no one has one...

so im asking on here, is anyone local to kings lynn, norfolk. has a TB that i can pick up asap? need to get to work on monday!

Cheers. Tom.

always a good idea to try wirebrush or scrape the thick white oxide layer off the 4 points in the dizzy cap, it tends to affect cold start fire ups.

dsc05472-jpg.35803

it'll be easier to mark and unbolt the dizzy off the head and then carefully unscrew the dizzy cap off the case outside the car.
the thin bolt screws tend to be seized onto the dizzy body so undo em with finesse and apply abit of copper grease on the threads

Good afternoon all! after many fights with it we fixed it, changed the fuel filter, checked the coil in the dizzy and then cleaned it all up.
still didnt fix it!
turned out to be the TB, took it out yesterday and my father in law soldered it whilst i was at work!
come home to a working micra! happy days.

thank you very much for all your help, appreciate it.

Tom.

Back