Misfiring Micra? :(

CMF_Marcus Kelly

» CMF Member
I have a 1995 Super S which initially had misfiring problems under load at low revs. There was a lot of electrical corrosion in the coil tower on the distributor and cleaning this out cured the problem for a while until it furred up again. So I sourced a 2nd hand distributor from a breakers and recently fitted this. Apparently the micra it came off had been running fine and the coil tower and cap look in good condition. However, despite having fitted this my micra is still misfiring under load at low revs. From about 2500rpm upwards though it goes fine, better than before in fact. I've checked the timing etc. and everything seems spot on. It also idles ok. Has anyone got any ideas what the problem might be? Have I been sold a dud 2nd hand distributor? I'm beginning to despair?!!

CMF_rlees85

» CMF Member
Im sorry this post isnt actually going to solve your problem, but i have a 2001 micra mis-firing at high rpms (5500 rpm) or (4500 rpm under load). no1 on this site seemed to be able to help so id b intrested in knowing how you manage to fix this...

cheers :)

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
2001 is a K12?

K12 is totally different i think you guys have coil packs?

But then again do some newer CG's have coil packs? bah!

to the original poster - if you've replaced the distributor and installed a new dizzy cap (using a second hand dizzy cap is like using second hand suspension, if you get what i mean)

I would suggest replacing your spark plug leads and spark plugs. :)

CMF_rlees85

» CMF Member
i know very little about cars, but it started when i topped up with some oil, and my brothers fiesta started doing it abit aswell (misfiring at high-rpm) could also have started around the same time the oil was topped up. (coz we did it at the same time in both cars).

if the oil was the wrong type, or different to the type currently in there, could that be causing it to misfire at high-rpm?

sorry if that sounds stupid...
and sorry for stealing your post marcus :p

thanks!

CMF_rlees85

» CMF Member
i've swapped the plugs & it uses ignition coil packs rather then HT leads... and i've checked the coil packs.

Its probably something electrical, but if it was i dont see how being under load (ie going up a hill) would affect it. (because when its under load it misfires at a lower rev then if its not)

cheers! :)

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
Having not actually seen your cars, I would say any mising, stalling, cutting out kind of problems would most likely be the air flow meter. It's very common, they all fail at around 100,000km give or take.

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
If the AFM is built into the throttle body, it is a problem. A friends 1998 model nissan with GA15 & that same AFM/throttle body failed. We've got a lot more of these CG & GA engines over here, a small local garage around the corner averages two cars per week with this problem. Thankfully it's about the only thing that goes wrong

Back