Nissan micra 1998 1.3L auto misfiring

Hi, I like to say hello first to this club.

I recently bought a 1998 Nissan Micra 1.3L auto, the car ran good for a few weeks but now has developed a intermitted misfiring problem, when you start the car it sometimes runs well for a while but then just stalls, it sometimes starts back up again but some times struggles. When you start it and rev the engine you can put all of the accelerator down but the car will struggle to rev, it will rev fully and then all of a sudden just start to struggle to rev.

So far I have replaced the fuel pump and checked the spark plugs but no progress has been made, Please help as I can not afford another car.

thank you

Hello lala. I ain't no expert, but that seems like a throttle body problem. About the only thing that these little girls can regularly suffer from. I hope others jump in and identify it for you, there are some smart boys and girls on here who will help I'm sure.
The TB ( throttle body) seems to play up do to lack of regular oil changes, there is a trick with a bit of solder which can improve this problem, others will say how.
You can also source these quite easily on ebay, I did, and solved a similar problem. Check the numbers on the TB before you buy as there are different ones around. If you are stuck, I have one, if it matches yours you can have for the postage.
I bought in haste and found out there were different ones - me bad. Hope you get it sorted, you're in the right place.:)

I had similar issues and a new TB solved them for me,£50 off ebay for one and fitted in an hour by me, but a garage should fit one for £50 ish id of thought

Thanks for all your reply people, I will remove the throttle body today and have a look at the part number, davyboy if my part number matches with the one you have I think ill take your offer.
thanks again

Thanks for all your reply people, I will remove the throttle body today and have a look at the part number, davyboy if my part number matches with the one you have I think ill take your offer.
thanks again
No problem, let me know, I'm away for a couple of days, back Thursday-ish.

Thanks guys for all your help, just an update, managed to get a replacement complete throttle body from a 1.3 Auto with the same part numbers as my one, fitted it but car still ran the same, same problem, anyway after some more investigation I removed the fuel pump and noticed that the fuel was very dirty in the tank, I installed a replacement pump and the car ran good for over an hour, before it would not even idle for more then 2 minutes. Anyway after it run for over an hour with no problems the same problem come back, it started cutting out, spluttering, when this happed the fuel gauge was in the beginning of the red, is this because the pump is sucking up dirty fuel? Or can it be the ECU at fault?
Also what is the best way to drain and clean the tank?

Thanks

Back