mini with a little bit of micra

I could and I have thought about that, I think I'm going to strip that aswell to check its condition. If the bores and pistons are ok I might build a hybrid. Problem is I need the car on the road so having 2 stripped engines would be a problem.

I'm sure the cg10 has flat top pistons? Frank can tell you the best combo for high compression engines though :)

Looks great!

Pepper

So whilst the block is off having a rebore I was sat looking for something to do and noticed the inlet ports where a bit smaller than the manifold and creating a step. Sooo I opened the ports up a little.

Before

IMAG0313_zps8d35a74f.jpg

And currently

IMAG0314_zpscb87e2ad.jpg

Still need to smooth it out but the basic shape is there

I keep forgetting to update this thread, since the last post the engine has been rebuilt after a rebore and some corsa pistons being fitted.

IMAG0345.jpg

Hopefully tomorrow will see it leave the garage :)

yep, got a set of them for cleaning out the oxy torch. but also a set of micro drill bits from 0.5-1.8mm.

just hope the net jets come soon im itching to get the running in period over and done with

Had half hour spare earlier and I've got a bit fed up of oil vapor from the breather on the rocker cover which collects inside the filter and drips down the back of the engine, so I decided to make an oil catch tank.....

Take one old argon gas bottle and chop the end off

IMAG0621_zpsace7c538.jpg

Chop it down to size

IMAG0622_zpsbbe94a0b.jpg

Weld on a inlet and vent

IMAG0624_zpsebdc4104.jpg

Will have to sort through my fittings to find appropriate elbows for a view/level glass then I can weld the top back on.

Pretty much finished off the oil catch tank earlier. Top welded on and 2 elbows fitted to create a level gauge (pipe will be replaced for clear when finished)

IMAG0626_zps45a41ceb.jpg

Just need to paint and create a small bracket to hold it now.

love the old skool work on the mini!! with a micra engine, its guaranteed to well live out the life of the car in reliability, i bet it goes very well!!! i love it mate!!! what would be good is to get a 1.4 block with flat top pistons, ported head with a good set of race/rally cams and re-map, you get a little fire breather of a car there!! but its sweet as it is!!!

Nice work

J

love the old skool work on the mini!! with a micra engine, its guaranteed to well live out the life of the car in reliability, i bet it goes very well!!! i love it mate!!! what would be good is to get a 1.4 block with flat top pistons, ported head with a good set of race/rally cams and re-map, you get a little fire breather of a car there!! but its sweet as it is!!!

Nice work

J

funny you say that, I was talking to the machine shop that does the rebores etc for me and they are sure we can make a 1409cc engine with out much trouble (none of that 1348cc rubbish lol) but that will be a engine build for the future.

Im currently looking for a set of ITB's so that i can get the most out of the engine, the carbs are great but adjustments via laptop rather than having to remove the carbs each time will make life easier. Also on the look out for some 276 duration cams.

funny you say that, I was talking to the machine shop that does the rebores etc for me and they are sure we can make a 1409cc engine with out much trouble (none of that 1348cc rubbish lol) but that will be a engine build for the future.

Im currently looking for a set of ITB's so that i can get the most out of the engine, the carbs are great but adjustments via laptop rather than having to remove the carbs each time will make life easier. Also on the look out for some 276 duration cams.
You reckon you can find cams like that as a fresh set? or you looking for a reprofile? I want some wilder (very wild if i can get them) cams for mine but the only fresh set ive seen are humphris group a rally ones...

Will probably have to be re-profile which then means playing around with shims :( ive been told of a few companies that might do new cams but i havent contacted any of them yet

hmm :cool: CR14 crank ? corsa ZE pistons maybe ?

Close, Current plan is a cga3 block (hopefully closed deck) & crank with the liners replaced with larger items to accept the 12ZE pistons.

Close, Current plan is a cga3 block (hopefully closed deck) & crank with the liners replaced with larger items to accept the 12ZE pistons.
praps re-liner a CG block ? (i dont think any GGA3 blocks were closed deck)
i have a set of those twinport 73.4mm jobbies to try out one day (those engines were 10.5:1 c/r from stock i see :cool:)

Hmmm think a closed deck is a must then to help retain some strength.

It's all just plans ATM, it won't be done for some time yet.

Frank, the corsa pistons, are they a straight fit or is it something that needs to be millied down?, also with the corsa pistons what conrods are used in combination?

J

Going to make a new one, the current one is ok but Id like the runners to be a bit longer.

Old manifold is going onto another project I have planned. Im, going to be using Megasquirt for the EFI which will use all the ford side of the Megajolt system, and I'll be keeping the ECU for the other project as well

looks like the port spacing is pretty close

Back