• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Micra - Mini

Interesting frank. What viscosity ? thinner than the standard gear oil though surely.
Makes the gear change different ? easier ? lifespan ? so many questions LOL
10/40 davy, no notchy gearchange in very cold weather but no difference otherwise i guess, and no problems that i know of :)

Dunno davy, 50k maybe ? The old mini,s (to keep us on topic ;) ) and allegro/maxi etc engines were bolted ontop of the g/box, so their g/box,s ran full of used engine oil withot issues :)

Im having second thoughts about this clutch fitment after reading porks turbo topic.. seems he had trouble with different flywheels fitting?
I have a 1.3 lightened flywheel from Frank, which i was hoping to fit onto my engine (1.3 facelift) + a 1.3 gearbox but no fittings and no driveshafts.
I do however have a full 1.0 pre facelift engine with flywheel, clutch and Gbox attached with driveshafts. The frame i have ordered means i must use the 1.0 box ( plus i want the quicker accel).
So can i bodge any parts together to make a working unit? by the looks of it on porks page the flywheels wont fit between pre and facelift models - leaving me to use the lightened 1.3 wheel - but will this fit in the 1.0 box? im so confused!!
Also by what frank has said it would be best to use the 1.3 clutch ( 180mm) with the 1.0 ( 160mm) center part to allow correct fitment.. am i going mad?!

Only problem I had was not listening and buying the wrong flywheel lol

Worked fine, my super/turbo engine was bolted to my little ma10 4 speed! :D

I did make one of franks hybrid clutches tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheers gang, after much thinking i have decided to go with the 1.3 box, ok its going to cost me more in the long run but future clutch changes will be easier etc... plus i get to use the fancy flywheel!

Today i went to swap the speedo cables and something seems wrong.. il let the pictures explain:

10806441_10152473251057233_6936742257903493925_n.jpg

10675519_10152473250962233_5645471129626002322_n.jpg

What do i do? :/

Edit : i guess its due to the pre facelift / facelift issue?

Nope, just a sensor driven leccy fan, im gonna run some ducting or put an air scoop in. Ive found some people have had no issues with the same setup - some not even needed an aux fan OR a complete nightmare like mine. The rad is wedged against the wing so a cowling wouldnt do anything + the fan is on the outside in the wing.. may need some forced feeds running from somewhere! Gonna try a new radiator and stat and see where that leaves me

Back