Mileage keeping -------------------

Hi guys a question id like to ask, Im looking to change a standard speed to the one with the rev counter, what i would like to know as the car is an R reg facelift it has electronic counter and the mileage currently on my speedo is 52000 miles on it, if i fit another will it show the 52000 on that or will it have the reading of the car it came from?

Was told that the ECU keeps the mileage not the clock.. is that true?

Thanks in advance..

J

on the analogue units the tach/speedo/fuel clusters can be detached from the instrument unit. you could try remove the tacho from the new unit and fit it to ur existing unit.

simply remove the clear plastic & black front trim then remove the two nuts holding the cluster onto the unit casing then pull the cluster out to unplug it from the rear circuitry.

does ur unit look like the pre-facelift analogue three-cluster type or like this one piece facelift version?
IMG_0353.JPG

Hi pollyp, Yes my clocks look like the one shown in the picture!!! its an R reg facelift micra. Is there a way that with a new clock fitted that has different mileage, can it be connected to a specialy portable device to change the mileage to the original? I know its something not to be tampered but would like to keep the original mileage on a new clock that has a rev counter e.t.c.

J

when i was swapping everything over between my pollymobile 1 & 2 before i knew the clusters could be swapped, the nissan guy said i could leave the panel (with wrong milage) and just write in the logbook the date, milage and noted as Instrument panel replaced.

when i was swapping everything over between my pollymobile 1 & 2 before i knew the clusters could be swapped, the nissan guy said i could leave the panel (with wrong milage) and just write in the logbook the date, milage and noted as Instrument panel replaced.

Hi, i guess thats the only solution is to note it down as said!!!

Cheers appreciate for you replys

J

Back