mileage nearing 100k

mileage is nearing 100k now how many miles are CG engines good for?

saw one on autotrader with 121k on the clock and it said perfect runner!

anyone got over 100k on the clock? any problems?

But you chie, like most of us here drive with our foot to the floor ALL the time..
There isnt a day when i dont have my micra revving to at least 5k...
Driving like that wont see you past 120k...

im at 101k and so far no problems, i think correctly looked after and driven, serviced ect, 141k wouldnt be much of a problem... but no one drives like a saint all the time... those nova's pulling along side you, reving there engines... you just have to give them what they want..

MSC disclaimer
Naturaly I dont condone street racing at all, and I do at no point participate in this unlawful and extreamly dangerous act. Those who do are but fools and I would like no associtation with them, thats why when im at lights, I try to put as much distance between me and them as possible...

Mines a '95 with 114k on no problems, idle can be a bit erratic but apart from that spot even did a 600 mile round trip last month and it never missed a beat!

ricardo_swarez said:
MSC disclaimer
Naturaly I dont condone street racing at all, and I do at no point participate in this unlawful and extreamly dangerous act. Those who do are but fools and I would like no associtation with them, thats why when im at lights, I try to put as much distance between me and them as possible...
LOL, thats all we ask for mate :)

no problems at all. only minor thing is that the gearstick rattles.
very good little car and gets ragged lol, got spare engine in back garden so no worrys even if it does go wrong! :grinning:

quick question here. As long as you service your car regularly (5000-10000 miles) and keep everything in good order, is there a reason why you can't "drive hard" for as many miles as someone who doesn't rev as much?

I thought that surely the cars are built to rev high being 16V etc (I dont know very much though so dont flame me!)

Mines on 84000. Does any remember the dude who had the 250,000 one? From an pizza delivery place or something...

regular servicing and repairs will prolong the life of an engine no matter what your driving is like, ragging it and always running in thered will obviously cause some damage but if you look after it, and make sure you fix problems before they turn huge, the engine should be fine
i have worked on engines well over 150000 that run like a dream

93 (L reg) Super S on 85000
97 (P reg) Shape 1.0 on 93000

super_k11_1275 said:
regular servicing and repairs will prolong the life of an engine no matter what your driving is like, ragging it and always running in thered will obviously cause some damage but if you look after it, and make sure you fix problems before they turn huge, the engine should be fine
i have worked on engines well over 150000 that run like a dream

93 (L reg) Super S on 85000
97 (P reg) Shape 1.0 on 93000

Thats what I was hoping someone would say! :D

Back