worth keeping?

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
well ive had all the car cross-member welded up and bought bits i need for mot etc. now there is a massive hole/s in the drivers side sill. also it needs 2 new panels and doors, and boot lid, thats without all the seats putting back and needing the car fully repainted!. now ive had this car a year now n its never moved! im really loosing intrest in it n its becoming a chore rather than a hobby but i feel i have put to much into it to give up! in a way i want rid so i can buy another good one with mot, tax etc. should i continue the progress n spend 200+ on just getting it road werthy and lookin decent or just save up another couple weeks n buy another? any advice is welcome :D

keep at it Richie, when its finished you will know that it's sound, but buy another and you could be buying someone elses nightmare.

Exactly, you could end up with more troubles and less money on buying another car. Then when you are finished you can admire all the hardwork you put in

i know what you feel like rich mate mine failed it mot big style on just bout everything you mentioned there n i was in 2minds wot to do but in the end, personally i couldnt afford the time and money to get it sorted so just got rid of it - didnt really want to like coz was looking forward to doin it up and gettin it looking smart

I know it's hard and sometimes you wanna give in, take a break from it and weigh up your options, if you do wanna start again with a better car there is that red superS on here and black one too, might be a better starting point.

Only way you can decide is if the worked to be done is beyond your skills and bank balance.

Good luck

see i kinda can afford to do it but ive got a hunch that i will put cash into it n it will fail on sumic to bad/costly to repair! i really wanna get a fiesta si mk3 n do it all up like a orginal rs turbo, im really into them fiestas now for some reason!

why dont u pay up for an mot without geting it fixed and then it fixed in ur own time
Theres loads of places like dat in the North West
b4 other ppl say how dodgy it wud seem for someone to travel so far for an Mot BUT its not like RO5s gonna be involved any lawsuits whereby the location of his MOT wud come into question - lol
NOTE - WWW.MICRA.ORG.UK does not condone or promote any illegal activities in any way shape or form

I'd say keep it, unless you buy a fairly new car its gonna have problems. Can't you get a pre-mot check done? My mum used to get them done every year - was about £40 quid for a quick check, and let her know about anything expensive that needed to be fixed - if it cost more than the car was worth she'd scrap it and buy another.

That way you can find out if theres anything really expensive and have a better idea of what you want to do.

I hate doing this but if you do scrap let us know of any parts going, I need a door to practice welding on so condition is not important.

Maybe starting a project on an already good condition micra is best, I've noticed 1L's are usually in better shape

I no its abit off topic but - now that you thinkin bwt scrappin rich am i guessin you aint wantin my splitter?! let me know!!

im gonna give it one last chance! im gonna put on a new tire n get the sill patched up n see how it fairs up in MOT. i got ya text makem mate, was at work and ive no texts left lol, and yes gemma i want urs to, friday ok for yas? (payday) still 10er each aswell?

just wanna give you an idea. long story short, my mate crashed his CRX head-on into a wall.
car cost 1400, cost to repair was 3000. because he loved his car so much and knowing the engine still pulls he borrowed a loan to fix it.
its a bit extreme i know but basically it depends on how much u love your car! knowing your baby will be good and ready to roll again give you a sense of achievement.

if you think on the lines of whether you will see your money back in some way then i can tell you NO. look at those Maxed motors, 30-40k go into the project and they would be happy if they can retrieve even 10k.

Thats basically it, if you know the cars on it's last legs it whether you want to do it for you and not how much you'll get at the end.

Like with me, my micra's off the road and I have a car to drive that I love but the Micra is worth more to me as a learning tool and project rather than couple hundred quid, it's gonna annoy me plenty I know but the payoff will be worth it I think.

Must admit i agree with /\ n yeah fri is no bother richie wil probs speak with ya b4 n sort it out - glad u guna give it a chance in a way i wish i did with mine but neva mind!!

Back