• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Mildred the Micra

Hi me again, you know I was asking about fog lights a few weeks ago. well if you found the connector and fitted the actual lights, how would you turn them on? Is it the same switch for the rear fog light? If not is there a different indicator/lights stalk that you can get?

Hi me again, you know was asking about fog lights a few weeks ago. Well if you found the connector and fitted the actual lights, how do you turn them on? Is it the same switch for the rear fog light? If not is there a different indicator/lights stalk that you can get?

Sent from one of Jupiter's moons using Tapatalk

Hi me again, you know I was asking about fog lights a few weeks ago. well if you found the connector and fitted the actual lights, how would you turn them on? Is it the same switch for the rear fog light? If not is there a different indicator/lights stalk that you can get?

Heyaa sorry for the late reply, ive been away with work...

They are driving lights so if you have to loom they will come on with your full beam :) xx

Rain is non stop.... But I'm pretty sure the leak is a failed windscreen seal.... Will re seal it when The rain stops..

Dried out the electrics... Atleast I have central locking again now..... Getting fed up with this now!!

YET ANOTHER!!!! Giant puddle in the drivers foot well.... Mildred.... I hate you!!

previously she was flashing her panties at everyone, is she now getting to that age of occasionally peeing herself :p
u think it's that wrecked aerial?
perhaps peel back the carpet edges to expose the chassis where the sills & a-pillar holes are, then get tom to hose her down all over whilst u keep a close eye on her in-nards for any drips?
(once again anything I write just sounds naughty lol)

Yes she old and incontinent at the moment :(

No I think the Ariel isfine as the roof is dry

Sunroof seems fine

Ive pulled the sponge out were the sunroof drain is and that's bone dry...

Door seals seem fine

Soo when this rain stops I'll pull the skuttle of and check in that area and re seal everything :) xx

once carpets dry, how bout place dry paper all round the foot well, point a vid camera at the lit footwell during heavy rain and timelapse where it's getting damp from?
during big leaks you could usually see a shiny wet streak down the chassis where its flowing down from

Windscreen seal.... Yeah there wasn't one :L it was just a thick layer of sludge.... Layer of black sealant and some gutter sealant should have solved the problem :) now just to dry her out :L xxx

Windscreen seal.... Yeah there wasn't one :L it was just a thick layer of sludge.... Layer of black sealant and some gutter sealant should have solved the problem :) now just to dry her out :L xxx

the rubber trim is just asthetics.
windscreen is bonded n sealed onto the chassis frame, unless it's been badly replaced with minimum prep like mine leading to either corrosion & leaking of the frame or leaving pinhole gaps in the seal?

yeah a bead of sealant in the gap will seal it permenently but will make future windscreen replacement very difficult and messy for the guy cos the hard sealants in the way of tool access. perhaps just a blob of sealant around the leaking gap then refit the trim?

There wasn't a seal atall on the bottom of the windscreen just very wet and smiley :( so not sure how old the windscreen is to be honest..

Ooooops.... Gavin from auto glass is going to LOVE me :D
Hopefully it won't leak now :) *touches wood* xx

and some earlier 1.3 heads have this port for a thermal control bleed valve that governs the carbon canister vac line

C725UZ (108).JPG

whereas the heads during/after 98 facelifts are blanked and the canisters either permanantly connected to the vac line or it's valved electronically.

C725UZ (109).JPG

Wish my dad had a sense of humour.. although I did buy Hannah a Haynes manual for her car

that's something I would do too, & would luv to receive if I didn't have one.
mean cmon, £20 for whats mostly essentially a fix-it-all bible for our cars (only thing better would be a factory repair manual).
imo I prefer to buy purposeful, utilitarian gifts (mainly summing I'd find useful myself, incase they don't like it :p ) rather than abstract random gifts.

Honestly... Not completely sure... The Googley eyes are just blue tack down to see how I get on with it xx

A mirror with cookie monster googly eyes would have been mad in the SuperS. The rear view mirror was fairly useless due to all the vibration from the Nismo mounts...

Haahaa my coilovers should really shake them around :) just not sure if they'll be to distracting :L or block to much of the mirror.. They're only blue tacked on so I can just quickly pop them off if not :) the bow is just of an old hair clip ice sewn on so that can also easily come off :) but had a few minutes spare so though I'd have a quick play :) xx

Bad day!!
...beyond Hideous weather... Barely see two foot infront of me... Had to emergency break... Aqua planed ... Lost control... Spun round.... Hit a verge.... God dammit!! X

Back