• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Mildred the Micra

since the car is parked on a cambered street tarmac normally tilting to the left, passenger side near the kerb, for water to drip down onto the drivers seat I'd check the drivers door area (door weather strip seal, windows closed, door card plastic shield fulling sealed up onto the door frame, door drainage holes not clogged & filling up & spilling into the cabin through the doorcards).

if it was parked leaning to the right, drivers near kerb, check the sunroof drain ports/tubes ain't clogged and causing water to overspill through the roof lining by sliding the sunroof back & poking long thin rod down the front ports.

best way to check the source is surround the area with loadsa water either through a car wash (but risk ruining mildreds surface & rear wiper) or wait for next monsoon or get tom to spray loadsa water from garden hose near the upper door/pillar ariel/sunroof for awhile and watch for any seepage inside.

no need to replace the foamy sunroof seals since they're always porous and let water seep through anyway.

since the car is parked on a cambered street tarmac normally tilting to the left, passenger side near the kerb, for water to drip down onto the drivers seat I'd check the drivers door area (door weather strip seal, windows closed, door card plastic shield fulling sealed up onto the door frame, door drainage holes not clogged & filling up & spilling into the cabin through the doorcards).

if it was parked leaning to the right, drivers near kerb, check the sunroof drain ports/tubes ain't clogged and causing water to overspill through the roof lining by sliding the sunroof back & poking long thin rod down the front ports.

best way to check the source is surround the area with loadsa water either through a car wash (but risk ruining mildreds surface & rear wiper) or wait for next monsoon or get tom to spray loadsa water from garden hose near the upper door/pillar ariel/sunroof for awhile and watch for any seepage inside.

no need to replace the foamy sunroof seals since they're always porous and let water seep through anyway.
Thanks Paul :) we should have some more heavy rain any day now :) so will wait for that :)

I think I left the door slightly open and just not noticed (well I'm hoping so) xx

So yeah.... As some of you have already seen on my facebook..... I found the cause of the leak..... Someone has pulled my Ariel up :( x

Pulled your aerial up? You mean bent it/busted it so the seal now leaks?

You reminded me, I need to fashion a blank for mine seeing as there's no actual stereo in the car, not even any wiring loom either lol.

If u pull hard enough the seal under the screws distorts as the metal bends. Scum bags. I want to attach a battery to the shell of the car sometimes. Zap the twats.

Pulled your aerial up? You mean bent it/busted it so the seal now leaks?

You reminded me, I need to fashion a blank for mine seeing as there's no actual stereo in the car, not even any wiring loom either lol.

Yeah unfortunately :( bent the metal up under neath It out of place so the seal failed completely :( I've managed to bang the metal down a bit so hopefully I've read allighned it enough to seal :(

Haahaa brilliant :) xx

uploadfromtaptalk1445866001706.png

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

How the fek did u let it be that much out lol

perhaps since the coilovers were fitted and then was lowered which leads to toe out since the steering arm is different length to the lower arm?

always good idea to realign after "any" suspension work or kerbing.
that musta been chewing front treads & burning fuel like mad

She chewed a tyre in a month :(

Steering became a bit 'snatchy' if that makes sense
And I booked her in as soon as I could didn't expect it to be that bad :L Ive only really noticed the handling in the past two weeks.... Crazy really xxx

I bent my coilovers shock shaft (cheap coilovers - the usual) from hounding the car, could never figure why the car was wearing through tyres even when the Geo was true when straight wheels.. Apparently when cornering they were toeing out like crazy lol. You will pay more attention to it now :)

Damn.... Lucky it didn't do some big damage really!! :O

Well like i said god knows how I didn't notice :L she drives like a new car now :L

It never pulled which Is probably why I didn't notice like I said just every so often would snatch but I just put it down to the roads TBH, the worn tyre and the change in weather :L

Hey ho!!! All sorted now ehh :) xxx

Damn.... Lucky it didn't do some big damage really!! :O

Well like i said god knows how I didn't notice :L she drives like a new car now :L

It never pulled which Is probably why I didn't notice like I said just every so often would snatch but I just put it down to the roads TBH, the worn tyre and the change in weather :L

Hey ho!!! All sorted now ehh :) xxx

experience level 1up

Hey guys, I was just wondering if you could swap parts like f + r bumpers front lights and tailgate from a 2001 micra k11 onto a 1998 facelift micra.

Sent from one of Jupiter's moons using Tapatalk

Back