Micra Tuning and Development

Hi Guys and Gals
We are new to this forum but just trying to gauge the amount of interest there is for tuning parts and a company in the south west (Poole area) who can carry out all the modifications to your car. We are ATP developments and have been trading for Many years in the tuning and bodywork trade.
Including engine work or conversions, Bodykit fitting, Brake upgrades, Bodywork and full resprays in any colour you could ever wish for or think of including House of Colours or Custom Candy's, Coilovers supplied and fitted, Strut bars, Wheels Etc Etc........... Well you get the picture,
We are breaking in to this market as we previously tuned and carried out all the above listed work on Skylines, Supra's, S13/14, Lexus Etc. This end of the market seems to be slowing down and we realise that money is tight for most people at the moment but that said, if you are anything like us your motor is very important in your life so you do find money to make her/him unique.
Please can you let us know what sort of budget that most people seem to be working to???? and what mods most are looking for?????
Thanks in advance to all who read and take the time to post a reply

I have never had a budget, i see i like i buy and its been near £20,000 spent since 2005 when i owned my first micra. Im now on number 9 haha

Most looks for mods are cheap performance upgrades the best being a 1.3 for those who have a 1.0 as its a direct swap, then a full exhaust for those who have a 1.3

To be honest not alot of people spend big money on these cars

Yeah i thought people might not want to spend big money but just trying to get a feel for the market, we are talking about very reasonably priced mods to mega money if you want to spend or have it to spend.

Since gas guzzlers are a real no no at the moment we are trying to appeal to a wide audience by upgrading and making classy tuning and cosmetic upgrades, not Boy racer cars, although we understand that even these have there place in the world fwn . There is so much available for these cars to make them look and go much better and it is relatively cheap to do. we also are going to do some research and development on turbo's for these cars in the near future.

That sounds good, the thing with me is i never let anyone touch my car unless its something like an mot, needs a new tyre or im simply cheaper to let someone do a small piece of work rather than buying a tool thats going to be used once. However lots of people do use garages etc so good luck and hope it works out well

I have never had a budget, i see i like i buy and its been near £20,000 spent since 2005 when i owned my first micra. Im now on number 9 haha

Most looks for mods are cheap performance upgrades the best being a 1.3 for those who have a 1.0 as its a direct swap, then a full exhaust for those who have a 1.3

To be honest not alot of people spend big money on these cars

£20k :eek: lol stani, but i agree, most of us diy and the customer market is probably very very small.
you might be better to concentrate on older/rarer car clubs lucifer

You don't make quick rack power steering racks? Think these would be a good development if not already available. I feel the standard rack has to many turns lock to lock and with my micra being quite stiff direction changing is very quick and the rack would help no end.

You don't make quick rack power steering racks? Think these would be a good development if not already available. I feel the standard rack has to many turns lock to lock and with my micra being quite stiff direction changing is very quick and the rack would help no end.

Are you using the standard steering wheel? If you are don't forget you can change the ratio by changing the size of the steering wheel.

the original super S racks were quick ones, you could gut it and put it in a PAS rack,

Hi Guys and Gals
We are new to this forum but just trying to gauge the amount of interest there is for tuning parts and a company in the south west (Poole area) who can carry out all the modifications to your car. We are ATP developments and have been trading for Many years in the tuning and bodywork trade.
Including engine work or conversions, Bodykit fitting, Brake upgrades, Bodywork and full resprays in any colour you could ever wish for or think of including House of Colours or Custom Candy's, Coilovers supplied and fitted, Strut bars, Wheels Etc Etc........... Well you get the picture,
We are breaking in to this market as we previously tuned and carried out all the above listed work on Skylines, Supra's, S13/14, Lexus Etc. This end of the market seems to be slowing down and we realise that money is tight for most people at the moment but that said, if you are anything like us your motor is very important in your life so you do find money to make her/him unique.
Please can you let us know what sort of budget that most people seem to be working to???? and what mods most are looking for?????
Thanks in advance to all who read and take the time to post a reply

Do you have a website? (Google showed nothing). Can you be specific on what you mean by 'many years' and also clarify what you mean by tuning and bodywork? Are we talking bolton modifications or custom fabrications?

I am in the market for some custom exhaust work, however the quality will have to be of nothing short of top notch. Certified welding, (e.g. ASME IX), full purge, backing gas and 100% stainless only and example work is a mandatory pre-requisite. My car is based in hampshire, however I know of no-one close offering such services. I would be interested in hearing what you have to offer, if this is an area which you have compitency and experience in.

Do you have a website? (Google showed nothing). Can you be specific on what you mean by 'many years' and also clarify what you mean by tuning and bodywork? Are we talking bolton modifications or custom fabrications?

I am in the market for some custom exhaust work, however the quality will have to be of nothing short of top notch. Certified welding, (e.g. ASME IX), full purge, backing gas and 100% stainless only and example work is a mandatory pre-requisite. My car is based in hampshire, however I know of no-one close offering such services. I would be interested in hearing what you have to offer, if this is an area which you have compitency and experience in.
Welsh Coast Customs in Newport seem very popular down here and can't say I've heard a bad thing about them? Though you're probably not in need of these services now a year later?

Lucifer, what progress has been made with the business? Be interesting to have a Micra specialized custom shop...

Is there no decent welding workshops near you Low Rider? I know of a few around me

Not where I am now in Oslo no. I don't need any welding done at the moment except for some small remedial work on my roll cage door bars but I have a local guy who can do that sort of thing :)

Plenty of tuning development work going on too but the stuff we're doing is a bit much for a road car ;)

Not where I am now in Oslo no. I don't need any welding done at the moment except for some small remedial work on my roll cage door bars but I have a local guy who can do that sort of thing :)

Plenty of tuning development work going on too but the stuff we're doing is a bit much for a road car ;)

I know a guy that makes exhausts for F3 racing cars etc, so if you want a decent exhaust, he's the guy to speak to!

I know a guy that makes exhausts for F3 racing cars etc, so if you want a decent exhaust, he's the guy to speak to!

We'll see what the dyno shows on initial and final mapping as to whether we need to improve on the current exhaust manifold. BTB, who built it, are confident that it will support the numbers we're chasing and the cat-back system is certainly more than adequate of supporting anything the engine is capable of producing.

Wont be needing anything anytime soon...

Back