Dci tuning

I've bought myself a brand new Dci 25th edition and really like it. It pulls really quite well although it does run out of puff a bit quickly.

What I'm wondering is what sort of tuning parts are available in case I modify in the future? I realise that there are remaps available but can't seem to find exhausts or induction kits etc.

What sort of suspension set ups work well/are available and are there any decent brake set ups?

Is it worth upgrading the turbo or intercooler?

Cheers for any advice.

only real option for k12 modifying unless you want to go custom is importing parts from japan there is not much support in this country for it however if you use yahoo auctions i believe the 15sr is the same engine etc as yours also one point i must make is if you make any changes during your warrenty period you will have to change back for any warrenty claims and if they can prove you have changed parts they can refuse to pay

on a plus note i`m glad to see someone else that thinks a k12 is worth modding:grinning:

that actually post often i`d say <10 but someone who has access may be able to give an actual figure i know a few have moved on to bigger things now

you can do an advance search on member list and theres not many! and most of them arent active or have moved on!

micrascope

i think with force induction, the exhaust/intake mods are less effective (compared with n/a), and increasing boost or intercooler mods are a better route

Yeah, I'll have to be careful if I do mod it. In fact it would probably just be easier to buy bits in preparation for when the warranty ends.

I definitely think it's a car worth modding. It can look quite smart and more aggressive with the correct alloys and lowered a bit.

Also, I'm sure the dci engine could make decent power especially when you consider how light the car is too.

Anyone got any links to parts from Japan?

here`s a translated link to yahoo japans auctions link to auctions
i have just searched for all k12 items there
if you become an offical member there is a guide to show you how to buy from there

i agree about the k12 being able to be made to look agressive just out of intrest any pics of your car and which wheels does the 25th edition have on it can`t remember of the top of my head

one mod i would recommend is a front strut brace i have just done this and even round town the diffrence is phenomenal plus it`s only four bolts so easy to take off for warrenty claims or servicing you can get an omp one in this country or try sourcing one from japan following the link i have a alloy cusco one imported from japan a while back the omp one whilst im sure works does not look nice as it is just red painted steel

i would have thought the quickest way to increase performance on a diesel is remapping, i dont know if this is possible but ring around. In most cases a couple of hundred pounds will see a nice 20-30bhp increase which is A LOT!!

The DCI is a Renault lump, so therefore i would imagine your have difficulty getting bits from Japan.
Try this site for Renault bits, although some bits will have to be adjusted to fit i would imagine the electronics would be perfect. remaps etc.
http://www.k-tecracing.com/chip_tuning.asp

my mistake i was getting the hr15de and the k9k engines mixed up it seems the japanese have a 1.5l petrol micra instead of the 1.6 we get

Hey guys, I have a 1.5 Dci 65 bhp. Whats the difference in parts of the 65 and the 82? Is it just the ecu? If so, I can just get hold of an 82 Dci ecu and plug in can't I? Or do I need to sync the keys with the new ecu?

I've just looked at some Dci tuning sites, and they have listed Renault Dci 1.5 65 bhp, 82 bhp and 101 bhp. Anyone know what the 101 has? A bigger turbo perhaps?

dci 65 does not have an intercooler, different ecu, turbo prob different allsorts different. remap might get you to same ps and close to nm torque.
www.race-chip.com have a look on here, never seen them before but sounds interesting for a smaller than normal lay out.

Man, that sucks. SO even if I get the 82 ecu, then it wouldn't plug in cos the socket/plug is different? Looks like a chip/ecu re-map then.

the turbo is the same for 65 and 82 dci.
in theory, you should be able to put an intercooler on a 65 and then get a re-map and it should be the same as a 82 and re-map.
but you'll still pay more road tax ;), unless you can get the tax band changed?

Back