Cheap tuning

CMF_1micra1

» CMF Member
Hi all, i own a silver 1995 3 door 1.0 lx. done a few little things to it like bought some super s dials and got it lowered to about 50mm with 15" tsw alloys, and also removed the cat. and made my own air intake. I am currently saving up for a 1.3 motor and headers along with a 2" cat back system.

But in the meantime was wondering if there was any ways of getting that little more out of a micra with out spending money or if it does onvolve money not alot of it haha. mite be a silly question but never got anywere without asking the guys who know!

thanks

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
the cams are the bottleneck on a 1.0 (a poxy 196deg duration and 6mm lift)
1.3 cams, or an autosprint reprofile inlet cam + 1.3 exhaust cam ftw :)
then a 1.6 throttlebody with the water heating circuit disconnected

frank

CMF_1micra1

» CMF Member
Was thinking about putting 1.3 cams in but thought its over much work getting the timing done n all that if im going to put the 1.3 in, but does a 1.6 throttle body go straight on to either engine? also is it just the tb of an almera? ahhh and one more thing i seen a 1.3 fuel rail with 1.6 injectors in, will that make a difference or will it just use lots of fuel ?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
reprofiled 1.3 on the left, and 1.0 cam with 1 lobe done on the right

Attachments

• 45011.jpg
    45011.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 43

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
1micra1 WROTE:

"Was thinking about putting 1.3 cams in but thought its over much work getting the timing done n all that if im going to put the 1.3 in, but does a 1.6 throttle body go straight on to either engine? also is it just the tb of an almera? ahhh and one more thing i seen a 1.3 fuel rail with 1.6 injectors in, will that make a difference or will it just use lots of fuel ?

the 1.6 t/b (almera/primera) fits with a mod to the cable bracket and the idle control valves removed, and i found that the ecu pretty much overides the bigger injectors, and you have to disconnect the lambda in order to utilise them (but i doubt that a 1.0 would need them tho)

Back