Micra Torque ????????

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
Hi,

does anyone know a way of increasing the torque of a 1.0 litre micra? I have found that my micra pulls nicely in 1st and 2nd but seems to have issues with power loss in 3rd. its fine not broken just seems to drop off. once you are going in 3rd its ok but almost a flat spot is very annoying.

Thanks Paul

tbh getting a 1.3 will be a better option, however if you really love ur 998cc of pure sunderland power then get a janspeed exhaust system, lighter fly wheel - ie the normal items you'd add to increase power/torque

i've done the exhaust bit in the past didn't help me with third? have turbo'd it now which is cool but still getting this spot in third? pain in the ****

What do they do to the inlet manifold to produce more torque???

Paul Smith said:
Hi,

does anyone know a way of increasing the torque of a 1.0 litre micra? I have found that my micra pulls nicely in 1st and 2nd but seems to have issues with power loss in 3rd. its fine not broken just seems to drop off. once you are going in 3rd its ok but almost a flat spot is very annoying.

Thanks Paul

Mines the Same, im just saving for a bigger engined car like wilsonian suggested

if done correctly a 1.0 turbo would be fairly fast. It depends on the design of your exhaust manifold, what are you using? Home made? HKS? something else?

oh its a fast 1 litre just got that spot in third it has been setup best they could without a remap. but i wasn't sure the best way to go with the ecu whether or not to go e manage or what so stopped there. money being a slight issue. it has a custom manifold from the turbo which seems ok it looks quite good?

sounds like thats what could be causing the problem. You really do need a proper map with a turbo set up.

i can put some pics on later but any more ideas for the flat spot?

What sort of setup would you recommend? e manage or remap or something else

would a limited slip diff help?

LDS won't help a flat spot on the engine. I've heard mixed opinions about an emanage on a turbo K11, but that seems to be the aussie's who arent too fond of them, then again their turbo set up would be a lot more advanced then yours(2 stage boost etc). For you it will probably be fine.

How much boost do you run and plan on running in the future? Also you done any other mods to it? (performance mods that is :))

it currenlty runs at 2 psi with the hope to run at 6psi it runs intercooler 1.3 cams 1.3 fuel injection fse boost valve and the the modified induction for the turbo also a baileys twim piston dump valve. thats all i can think of off the top of my head? any idea where i could get a emanage and setup from?
Thanks

i can install you an emanage on your car if you around east london/ essex border, will take me around 1-2 hours to install, then you need it tuned, i reconmend someone like Thor racing in kenilworth, or Ed from fusion motorsport, also the admin.

the emanage will edit the MAF value to that the injectors start to throw more feul into the car when needed through the rev range. I installed a emanage on my car and it totally transformed the way the engine feuls under boost.

How much do you reckon for you to do your bit? and will it drive ok afterwards to get to these other places. sorry how do you mean transformed was there a conciderable difference?

yeah the emanage started to work straight away and made a noticable change, then once it was tuned it was even better.

I can do it pretty cheap as i work from home and have no overheads. email me on [email protected]

thanks

Back