Torque figures

Hello all,

Can anyone give me some bhp & Lbft torque figures for their 1.3 engines... N/A, Turbo doesnt matter... considering a bike engine but dont think il get enough torque for the weight so looking to compare.:)

To expand a bit more, i compete in hillclimb & sprints but am totally out powered in my class so im going to move to the kitcar/sports libre class, the way i see it i have the following options (its got to be the Micra though no car changes!)

1348cc Micra turbo charged around 190BHP
SR20 N/A (not much of a power gain over the weight)
SR20DET look for around 250bhp (sacrifice handling with the extra weight?)
Hyabusa/R1 engine light around 170BHP sequential box but only around 100lb'ft torque

Any thoughts or experiences welcome guys

Cheers

Skinner

Anything with a turbo will be in the post 1981 4wd & turbo class Frank (should have said that above!) so the competition will be Evo's Impreza's that kinda of thing... would be alot of fun though!
ahh, not an option then lol :)
i think your biggest achilles heel is the carbs personally, and injection would gain you many secs imo

123bhp & 100lb/ft from a 9.5:1 CG13DE with barely any air in the tires :rolleyes:
Objective for the CGA3DE in build will be somewhere around the 160bhp & 115lb/ft mark but that's at the extreme end of the spectrum.

ahh, not an option then lol :)
i think your biggest achilles heel is the carbs personally, and injection would gain you many secs imo

Your not wrong Frank i could get more from them mapping the igition, & quite rightly injection will beat it hands down! think the best route is going to be apllying some boost to the situation hey :) 1348cc bottom end, get a inlet chamber made up to take the micra injection (cut & shut), side mount a TB and away we go

220bhp 106, 300bhp Caterham, 400 BHP evo's im going to need all the help i can get :confused:

Thanks for the figures guys!

Back