Torque convertor failing, is it worth fixing?

Howdy

I have a 2002 K11 Micra 1.0 CVT with 120k on the clock, it has the newer gearbox in with the torque convertor rather than the brushes.

I think the torque convertor is on it's way out, the car seems to drive with stupidly high revs (like it's in sports mode but isn't), it will then settle down and drive normally for 20 seconds or so, then revert back into "screaming like a banshee but not power" mode.

It had a gearbox oil change about 3 years ago and the fluid is still red (proper Nissan stuff too), but it seems to be getting worse, all the research I've done sugests the torque convertor is on it's way out, so I'm just wondering if it's even worth trying to get it fixed or just trade it in for something else? Trade in value on cinch is £500.

Any thoughts?

Hi I am not sure if I am of any help as I am in Ireland but I have a 00 Nissan march automatic torque converter ,actually have 1 good ones available, I ship them out to Africa and Nigeria a lot
I am not sure if same as UK micra torque converter but probably is

I’m open to shipping to UK
€200 for the torque converter

Most autos have a dipstick to check the fluid level.

Any many now don't have an easy option for change the fluid as they never fail, filled for life mentality.

The dipstick is the fill port and this 90's Micra isn't "filled for life" though I suppose it is since it will die.
The oil gets hot, the oil breaks down.

Fluid level lets you know if your box is leaking.

The trans fluid needs to be completely changed every other engine oil interval.

Back